PDA

View Full Version : PSP M33 5 save fail

Skv0ra
March 8th, 2009, 21:28
Hey guys, I have a very odd problem: after I updated to M33 5 from 3.71, exactly half of my old saves stopped working right. M33 4.1 had the same issue. Same saves in 3.71 work like a charm.

I've noticed that while psp shows the info about the save, the "bad" ones cannot be copied.

Any ideas how to cure this? Maybe some hex edit or something to let the psp know the save is fine?

mike_jmg
March 9th, 2009, 17:27
I don't know how to fix this and it isn't as odd as you think, it happened to everyone, even people with OFW.

It's just that for some strange reason sony forgot to lock up the games to work only on the firmware they were bundled with, like when you needed to update to play certain game as the umd came with that firmware.

So, a lot of people didn't update and played these games, and then when they updated the savegames wouldn't work as they were from previous firmware to the one they were supposed to be played with

long story short, your savegames are fckd up because sony forgot to lock up the games with their respective updates, and I believe there is no way to fix them

I had to go back to 3.71 myself twice so I could finish some games

Skv0ra
March 9th, 2009, 19:14
My idea was to make an older save that is bad and then a new that is good in newer FW, then hex-compare the two to see if there's a place where they differ that may be a solution. I'm a noob at hex'ing, but whoever thinks they can pull it off, please try it by all means.

mike_jmg
March 10th, 2009, 05:11
that might work, but I'm a noob too at hex editing

hullmatu
March 10th, 2009, 21:00
i think i solved the problem! i have a 5.00 m33-3 softwere. and that program wount work on that right? if you have a newer program for 5.00. plz post a link.

Skv0ra
March 11th, 2009, 00:35
Wat??

bacalacadaca
March 11th, 2009, 14:13
i think i solved the problem! i have a 5.00 m33-3 softwere. and that program wount work on that right? if you have a newer program for 5.00. plz post a link.

What are u talking about?

Skv0ra
March 13th, 2009, 05:38
I got something interesting this time: made a save in 3.71 for 3.51 game, which should be fine, but once I upgraded to 5.00 it showed as corrupt just like before. I have a feeling that its time to hex-fking-edit the save creation FW version somehow...