PDA

View Full Version : rom format

Dazzle
February 14th, 2006, 04:27
I am trying run som roms in a snes emulator . they run ok and are in a zip format. I have another lot of snes ones but they are all "File" type ie not zipedd .I cant seem to get these ones to run or even see them in my snes directory? any ideas

yaustar
February 14th, 2006, 05:20
.zip are archived files which are compressed. Other filetypes that are supported by the emu are .smc files. If they don't have an extension, just add .smc on the end.

jwilds73
February 14th, 2006, 06:05
I'd run all the SNES Roms in zip format it will save alot of space and the emulation isn't slowed down at all by this format just the loading of the file alittle.

Dazzle
February 15th, 2006, 12:22
Cheers guys.....does this count for all formats???

I have several diferent format extensions here now like....(listed below)

file
SMC
FIG
SFC
SRM
ZIP

T2xist
February 17th, 2006, 00:54
sry im a newby here, i downloaded the neogeo CD emu. i got it started but the games wont load...the games are .RAR files shold i change the file type??If so what should i change it too???

jwilds73
February 17th, 2006, 04:15
sry im a newby here, i downloaded the neogeo CD emu. i got it started but the games wont load...the games are .RAR files shold i change the file type??If so what should i change it too???

First they can't be in rar format they need to be in zip format. Also they can not be zipped in a folder but all the files must be zipped together into one zip file again not in a folder but by "selecting all" the files and creating one zip file out of them.

DeViLbOy
February 18th, 2006, 23:43
No ROMs will work for me.
When i click on the ROM it says ROM image loaded and goes to a black screen someone please help!!!!.
Im using firmware vers 2.0 and the GTA Eboot loader.
Thanks!.