PDA

View Full Version : Catan DC News

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 26th, 2004, 13:57
Sander Smid emailed me some news that was emailed to him by Regex the author of Catan DC:[br][br] Hey Sander,[br][br]I thought I would let it die for a number of reasons. About a year ago when I moved I suffered a *big* data loss, 1 whole HD containing my entire development environment, and the current version of the CatanDC source (the last archive I had was from months before, lots of the engine was lost and I was so frustrated that I didn't even want to look at the website or anything anymore.. and just leave it as it was). That's the end of the story,[br]really. I just was so frustrated that I didn't have the will to redo all the parts I'd lost (which were the really advanced features like Multi-VMU and the actual game engine.).[br][br]Thanks for your interest, and at some point I may consider releasing whatever source I had built.. I just don't feel like digging it up and reliving the upsetness I feel towards the project at the moment.[br][br]-Matt Alex (ReGex) [br][br]Thanks for the email and its sad to hear the Dreamcast scene loses another coder.

Skyhawk
July 26th, 2004, 15:50
>:( damn, this news is upsetting me also. I was really looking forward to this game. Especially for the technical archievement, the multi-VMU support. I was really curious how that was worked out. A feature that only can be done on a Dreamcast.

I have pity for Regex, who is a very respected coder from the early days. And in those days, data losses happened alot (all the work Gonzo was working on for example). Why are data losses and hd failures always happening in the Dreamcast scene? I perfectly can understand why Regex doesn't want do anymore with DC devving. I wish him luck in the future.