PDA

View Full Version : Sega Mega Drive... re-released?!

wraggster
March 12th, 2009, 23:36
The Sega Mega Dive is set to return to the shops, courtesy of a super-slim redesign by the same company that introduced the handheld version last year.

The "Blaze" Sega Mega Drive features a new slim design complete with two control pads and yes - even a cartridge slot.

15 Sega oldies including Sonic & Knuckles, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Columns come built-in to the console, but the good news is you'll also be able to stick your old, non-first-party Mega Drive games into the box. It's multi-region as well.

It sounds like a pretty attractive purchase for Sega fans then. It's out on April 24 for £39.99, according to Play. Thanks to CVG reader Ewan for the spot.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=210507

JLF65
March 12th, 2009, 23:41
I'd love to see a reintroduction of the CDX. Instead of a one-chip Genesis, a two-chip SEGA CD would be fantastic, especially if they put a faster CD in it. A SEGA CD with a 52X CDROM would be killer! :)

wraggster
March 12th, 2009, 23:50
with builtin 32x too would be awesome

Saracchini
March 13th, 2009, 00:25
Here MegaDrive and Master System are produced since last decade.
The damn thing was when they removed the cartridge slot to allow only built-in games.

JLF65
March 13th, 2009, 00:34
with builtin 32x too would be awesome

Yes, it would. But even if they didn't, I still have a spare 32X. Just need something to put it on. :D

ojdon
March 13th, 2009, 21:45
I'd die for a Mega CD 1 or a 32x right now, but a 3-1 combo would be amazing... Yet expensive. >.<