PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted file on Firmware. I can't do anything!!!

satoshi
February 14th, 2006, 22:48
The file "topmenu_plugin.rco" is corrupted, So now when Menu appear, it crashes. I only can use UMD Game (Because when you put the UMD the menu doesn't appear), Even UMD Video doesn't play. So, anyone knows, How can I move some file on my PC ("topmenu_plugin.rco") to PSP Flash without use of Browser (PSP Menu) (So, I can't use USB Mode and no Homebrews) ?

I thought If I buy a PSP Game that need to use 2.0, if I can Upgrade using a UMD to fix that error file...

xuphorz
February 14th, 2006, 23:03
is this about isos?

satoshi
February 14th, 2006, 23:12
No, it's my Firmware (1.5) that crashes after appear "Sony Computer Entertainment", because that file is corrupted. how can I Fix that?

Kaiser
February 15th, 2006, 00:08
Try upgrading to 2.0 then downgrade back to 1.5. Why would your firmware be corrupted anyway?

satoshi
February 15th, 2006, 00:13
That's the problem, How can I Upgrade if the main menu doesn't appear. I can't select "USB Mode" or select upgrade via Wifi, so... To Upgrade via UMD, some friends of mine (on the internet) said that you have to select "Upgrade" on Main Menu. So, there's no way that I can upgrade... or have another way to upgrade?

Kaiser
February 15th, 2006, 00:18
Hmmm... Yes you do have to select upgarde from the main menu. You might have to send that PSP to Sony or return it from where you got it for an exchange. Seems there is no other way of solving your problem.

EngPSP
February 15th, 2006, 09:00
Where did you get the update from ?
This sounds freaky

xuphorz
February 17th, 2006, 02:23
check my guide, it has links too all the firmware versions you need

.:PSP1.0:.
February 17th, 2006, 08:16
That's the problem, How can I Upgrade if the main menu doesn't appear. I can't select "USB Mode" or select upgrade via Wifi, so... To Upgrade via UMD, some friends of mine (on the internet) said that you have to select "Upgrade" on Main Menu. So, there's no way that I can upgrade... or have another way to upgrade?

Very, very strange in all my experiences i've never heard of this problem.. Got me stumped..