PDA

View Full Version : Problem with memorystick???

Ryuuzaki
March 14th, 2009, 02:31
Hey guys there is a strange problem with my memorystick if i play on my Fat PSP and load the games as usual there is no problem i can continue where i left off, but when i insert the memorystick in a Slim PSP it just doesn't load??? and i get a error... so well i just put it back in the Fat PSP and well it does load?
btw my memorystick is not fake.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

mike_jmg
March 14th, 2009, 02:57
option one - some psp savegames are made so they can only work on the psp they were created, for example Tekken DR or Djmax portable 2

option two - you have different firmwares on each of them, is not your memory stick, is just that sony forgot to lock up some games with their respective updates; the saves act like corrupted if they were created on older firmware and then you try to load them on a newer firmware

$ony is stupid, I know

Ryuuzaki
March 14th, 2009, 03:26
yeah it is indeed 2 different kind of firmwares so can i fix it by making it the same firmware as my psp slim then?

Anyways thnx for replying

mike_jmg
March 14th, 2009, 07:59
more like downgrading the slim to the firmware the phat has, but if it's lower than 3.71 then you'll need to finish the games, that have this problem, on the phat

Cause if you update the phat, the saves wont work either

viddy_az
May 3rd, 2009, 07:37
cannot file to psp?