PDA

View Full Version : Digger Released

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 19th, 2004, 18:26
The classic game Digger (from 1983) has now a home on the Dreamcast thanks to the porting skills of Kamjin, heres some info from this release:[br][br]Digger, a game from 1983 check here for more details on the game and it's history etc.. Based on the source by Andrew Jenner from Digger Remastered [br][br]1-2 Players (Uses only 1 controller) [br]New Sounds [br]A little caution I've only tested up to Level3 so there might be bugs. [br][br]Download at the Digger Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/digger.shtml) [br][br]Thanks to Kamjin himself who alerted me to the release :)

Eric
July 19th, 2004, 19:46
i would really like to thank kamjin for this one this was a really good game i used to play when i was young and to see this on dreamcast is a dream i knew it could be done thanks again kamjin

DCDayDreamer
July 20th, 2004, 03:10
I'll second that, great work mate - nice one :-*.

wraggster
July 20th, 2004, 03:13
Yeah another damn fine release, nice to see the over 30s getting involved in the scene :)

DCDayDreamer
July 20th, 2004, 03:20
We might be over 30, but we're never to old to have a bit of fun and nostalgia.

I just wish my wife wouldn't keep calling me 'a big kid' :-[.

wraggster
July 20th, 2004, 03:22
lol ill never properly grow up

i still feel very young for my age even if it doesnt show

Christuserloeser
July 20th, 2004, 05:56
...same here :) - hey, even Kurt Cobain had a Space Invaders arcade system at home 8)

Thank you Kamjin ;D

Chris

Eric
July 20th, 2004, 06:30
LOL i am 20 i just remember playing that game at my uncles when i was in my teens i think 12 i can't remember so i looked up the game and found a site with the revamped version of digger and requested it i love it and i think you again very much

smiles
July 20th, 2004, 11:37
Fabulous! But really hard, I've only been able to get to level 4. I did notice a LOT of slowdown whenever I pickup the "cherries" The screen flashes and everything comes to a crawl until the flashing it done. But overall it's really great fun. How many levels are there?

Kamjin
July 20th, 2004, 11:55
Just wait Eric.. in ten years your gonna be wondering
why the wife/girlfriend gives you a stange look when
you come back to the shopping cart with a copy of
FinalFantasy XXI, and you smile while you're buying
a couch that's worth more than your car!!!

Smiles, 8 levels total and it's gonna take quite
a while to finish it.. haven't beat 5 yet..

curt_grymala
July 20th, 2004, 17:47
remember though - dig dug got to be pretty hard, too, once you got to the higher levels.

Eric
July 21st, 2004, 04:54
yeah i i basically beat dig dug i thought it was to easy and the game went on and on i havent been able to beat digger cause of the weapon and those guys just keep following you around

Maximo2703
July 21st, 2004, 10:11
...same here :) - hey, even Kurt Cobain had a Space Invaders arcade system at home 8)

Thank you Kamjin ;D

Chris
wow chris thats definetly something i didn't know and im a huge Nirvana/Cobain fan........i have yet to try this out...simply for the fact that everytime i burn a game a new verison of it comes out the next day (ie Another Asteroids Clone) so my question is how soon is there going to be another verison of this and rogue going to be released. if not for at least a month or so ill give it a burn.

btw curt did you happen to make SBI's for both of these

Kamjin
July 21st, 2004, 11:20
Hehheheee..

Yeah most likely it's the last one.. all the known problems (digger,Rogue, and Risc)
have been taken care of, and I've been able to finish it once, without any problems.
So consider it safe to burn.. If there's more work to be done, I'd rather start a Moria, or something with
more maintained source instead.

curt_grymala
July 21st, 2004, 11:45
btw curt did you happen to make SBI's for both of these

There are SBI's for Rogue, RISC and Magnetic Scrolls. Unfortunately, kamjin just released an update to RISC and RogueDC, so I have to re-do them ;D . I have not yet gotten an SBI of Digger done. I will probably have all of them up by this evening.

Maximo2703
July 21st, 2004, 20:01
hehe alirght Kamjin thats good to know...Curt same goes for you. speaking of SBIs i dont ever recall there being one for Troy Davis's Cars game. is there one?