PDA

View Full Version : Nextdoor Neighbor Router No Password Required

Elsid
February 15th, 2006, 15:42
hey guys, i was useing my laptop and i was checking for wifi around the area and my next door neighbors router came up so i clicked connect and i was useing the net for free, now i am wondering if i can use this for my PSP, anyone no any tips for me to get my psp running on my next door neightbors router.!!!

thanks

yaustar
February 15th, 2006, 17:39
You just search the same way as you did with the router. Not that I condone it though..

skagga
February 15th, 2006, 18:16
Can you scan for wifi without having a wifi router connection yourself ?, if not then your not really getting anything for free.

Elsid
February 15th, 2006, 18:27
what i did was from my laptop i searched for wifi in the area and my neigbours came up, and all connections have passwords on it so i thought lemme just try connect and i clicked connect and it did not ask for a password, then i opened up internet expolorer BINGo i was connected to the net, so now im hopeing if there is a way to do so with my psp.

Elsid
February 15th, 2006, 18:28
When it is exchangeing key information it say

"A connection error has occured"

J-Kwon
February 15th, 2006, 21:34
If there is no WEP encryption you can connect

:)

Kaiser
February 16th, 2006, 07:55
That is awesome. Not the right thing to do mind you, but still awesome.

michael jackson
February 16th, 2006, 09:40
lol my best friend was walking in his yard at his dads (he lives in the country w/his mom) and hit wifi with mariokart and go 2 routers

one was his neighbor he got a password, guessed it as the neighbors dog's name and played for a few minutes online

i thought it was funny

regular internet however is pretty cheap to steal internet but for things like psp and ds i really dont see it as such a big problem

also he can use wifi on his laptop w/o service if he has an online card plugged in

anyone can (some colleges have free wifi but you have to own the card)

another friend i knew had some satelite wifi from sprint that had no router and broadband speeds even in the car as long as your withing service

as for your psp... if you don't get lucky the 1st time, i doubt youl get it working especially if you dont know him/her

also if i were you i wouldnt try to get psp too because chances are youl end up ruining the already cool free net

sorry i couldnt help but i thought my friends story was funny as hell

Elsid
February 16th, 2006, 11:17
Can Someone Give Me The Step By Step Plz, It Would Really Help and I Would Much Appreciate It?

Thanks Dudes/Dudettes

THE_SANE_DUDE
March 20th, 2006, 06:08
You need 2.00+ firmware:

1. Switch on yor PSP and go to Settings > Network Settings.
2. Select "infrastructure mode", then "new connection" and press X.
3. Enter the name you want for the internet connection and prees |> on your PSP.
4. Select "scan" then press |> again wait until it finishes scaning and select the connection.
5. Press |> three times, unless there are more settings you want, pressing it three times just gives you the default settings.
6. It will show the connection info, press |> then X to save the settings.

And that's it!

I actually found another wireless connection besides my own while going through the new connection thingy, funny eh.