PDA

View Full Version : PSP not turning on after dissassembly

PlagueMusic
March 15th, 2009, 16:07
I have a PSP Phat that was working before i disassembled it onto the new back/front faceplate but has not been able to turn on or the charging light to even be on. Taking apart my PSP went fine, although i have remaining parts after installing everything that no one can help me with (link at the bottom). I also missed a couple of screws putting it back together cause they wouldn't tighten back so i gave up but it still was contained correctly.

The black nub is still on and connected.
I used the right guide.
If someone could tell me if these parts are relevant or how to install them that'd be great

Please tell me there's still hope :mad:
http://i39.tinypic.com/xm63om.jpg

Qmark
March 15th, 2009, 20:38
Take it apart again, and make damn sure the daughterboard containing the buttons' contacts is securely connected to the motherboard. If that board isn't adequately clamped in, the power switch does nothing.

There's a small contact on the mobo it plugs into, with a very small hinged pin/clamp thing that holds it in place.

PlagueMusic
March 15th, 2009, 23:58
so how would i put those spare parts in?

Wally
March 16th, 2009, 23:00
Why did you disassemble in the first place?

PSPdemon
March 17th, 2009, 00:01
probably for maintenance reasons... maybe

but anyway the parts in the pictures i can tell you what they are ( except for the left one...looks like a stand of some sort...picture isnt too clear )

the middle piece is for the thumbstick and the part on the right is a metal part for the MS slot ( afaik )

i have roughly the same question which is why you took it apart in the first place? what damages or maintenance did you have to do to it?

Qmark
March 17th, 2009, 00:08
The one on the left is either a support stud or a screw hole, possibly both. Either way, it's been broken off.

PSPdemon
March 17th, 2009, 00:59
The one on the left is either a support stud or a screw hole, possibly both. Either way, it's been broken off.

thats what i was thinking.... wonder how he broke it though if thats what it really is :rofl:

PlagueMusic
March 17th, 2009, 09:00
well my psp had a scratched up screen and a broken analog so i went the whole nine yards and replaced the housing with a white one but totally failed. i'm gonna get a guy to check it out and see if he can help me out.