PDA

View Full Version : Risc

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 15th, 2004, 13:07
The great Kamjin has ported over to the Dreamcast the board game called Risk, heres the info from this release:[br][br]RISC, better known as RISK the boardgame. Originally written for DOS by Paolo Piselli. This version contains alot of new code, not by choice ;) Everything is done by the rules of the game, and handled internally (dice rolls etc.) [br][br]2-6 Players (If you don't have a friend you can't play) [br]Uses 1 controller [br]Can Play with/without cards [br]Fortification can be enable/disabled [br][br]Check out the screenshot, downloads on this Risc Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/risc.shtml) [br][br]Thanks to Kamjin for the PM. :)

wraggster
July 15th, 2004, 13:57
Well done and a nice release :)

DCDayDreamer
July 15th, 2004, 14:25
Now why did you go and do that?

Now I'm going to have to invite all my friends round and get drunk trying to conquer the world.

It's a hard life! :P

Kamjin
July 15th, 2004, 14:58
Well done and a nice release

Thank you! I have to give thanks to the fellow, Paolo Piselli
For releasing the source, I was able to merge the risk I had
started doing with his, and just being able to use his graphics, that made it go soo smooth.

Now I'm going to have to invite all my friends round and get drunk trying to conquer the world.

On that I can agree.. although one of my buddies want me to print
out the dice rolls so he know's I'm not cheating ???

smiles
July 15th, 2004, 15:17
I just downloaded, scrambled and burned it. It appears to load fine but I can't see anything. I'm using a VGA adapter and see nothing. (sigh) Anybody else got this working with a VGA adapter?

Kamjin
July 15th, 2004, 15:45
Ahhh!! NOOOOO!!! I actually spent a few hours and about 8 cdr's,
last night figuring out why that happens, there a Selfboot DJ image I just put up http://www.dchomebrew.org/kamjin/ (wraggster
when you read this copy it over, and put a notice that the
plain binary isn't for a stand alone selfboot)..

Works on VGA, and NTSC (Pal by request/volenteer tester :P).

wraggster
July 15th, 2004, 16:25
Fixed :)

selfboot file is uploaded and page is correct :)

WHurricane16
July 15th, 2004, 18:24
Great!!!

curt_grymala
July 15th, 2004, 21:12
This is awesome!!! My brother and I used to play Risk for hours and hours, until he got tired of being in a stalemate. He would always have control of most of the world, but I would have tremendous armies defending the small continent of Australia, so that he could never actually defeat me.

If only there was some way to play this game online. I would buy my brother a Dreamcast, and challenge him to a long-distance rematch.

This is great. I really look forward to trying it out.

Eric
July 16th, 2004, 06:26
Okay this is wicked i have to pick up some disks tonight finally and check this out also i do have to ask you this question, do you remember the game Digger done in 1984. I used to play this game when i was a kid and wondering if you could possibly port it over to the dreamcast. I know this should belong in development but i found this would probably be easier to contact you and once again great work on your latest work.

here is the site:

http://www.digger.org/index.html

Eric

wraggster
July 16th, 2004, 09:47
anyone want to a review of this game and let others know :)

krowstrife
July 16th, 2004, 10:21
anyone want to a review of this game and let others know :)

I will review it

smiles
July 16th, 2004, 10:25
Found a bug. If I move the cursor as far left as it will go, it will then appear on the right side of the screen and I can no longer move the cursor left or right. This can be done at the title screen or anywhere during gameplay. Once the cursor is stuck I can push "B+left analog" and that will allow me to move the cursor again. Very strange.

Kamjin
July 16th, 2004, 16:40
Bug will be fixed.. My Fault :(.. *When I increased
the mouse speed I forgot fix the out of bounds check along with it.

Eric,

I'll take a look at the digger source.. and see how tough
it is..

Christuserloeser
July 20th, 2004, 06:05
Thanx Kamjin :) - Risk is such a great game! I played hours and hours against my band mates - I always won! 8) ...well, almost always ...at least sometimes ;D

Chris

Eric
July 20th, 2004, 06:47
lol thanks kamjin let me know how it works out oh yeah i forgot its already out man your work is great

smiles
July 20th, 2004, 11:07
It turns out that what caused the game to not display was a lame-o third party VMU. Once I removed the VMU the game booted up and played great. Thanks alot it's great fun and addicting.

Kamjin
July 20th, 2004, 12:39
What's the make/model of the VMU?

smiles
July 20th, 2004, 14:11
The memory card is a "Performace" band card. I actually posted this comment in the wrong thread. I was referring to the screen not displaying in Rogue. Once I removed the "Performace" memory card the game would then start. But would not start with the memory card in.