PDA

View Full Version : Three New SBI's

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 16th, 2004, 14:15
DCStuff has put together and released three new SBI's. They are:[br] RISC[br] RogueDC v1.1[br] Magnetic Scrolls v1.1[br]These SBI's are untested, as of yet, so please let us know if you try them out. Also, RogueDC and RISC are NTSC/VGA only, and will not work on PAL systems. kamjin has said he will make a PAL version if someone requests it, and is willing to test it.[br]You can download these SBI's from DCStuff's (http://dcstuff.thefreeserver.net) SBI Page.

wraggster
July 16th, 2004, 14:29
great work curt :)

Darksaviour69
July 16th, 2004, 16:51
i'm getting
The requested URL /Ten-321/DCStuff/Files/RogueDC_v11_CG.sbi was not found on this server.

for RogueDC v1.1, the other 2 download fine

great work btw, handy just to get the sbi and put all the new stuff on one disk.

i think when version 2 of the site is done we should have a policy of having a SBI of every release on the site as soon as possable.

btw we currently have a SBI for Revolver host that does not work (the file is only 76kbs), i should be taken down

curt_grymala
July 16th, 2004, 19:15
i'm getting
The requested URL /Ten-321/DCStuff/Files/RogueDC_v11_CG.sbi was not found on this server.
I will take care of that right now. I was at work when I put those up, so I was doing 7 or 8 other things at the time. I'm sure I just got the filename wrong.

great work btw, handy just to get the sbi and put all the new stuff on one disk.

i think when version 2 of the site is done we should have a policy of having a SBI of every release on the site as soon as possable.
Sounds like a plan to me. I try to get SBI's made of everything that gets released, but I try not to do too many at home, since I have such a slow connection.

btw we currently have a SBI for Revolver host that does not work (the file is only 76kbs), i should be taken down
I didn't realize there was one that didn't work at all. Before the big site crash a few months ago, there was a semi-working SBI of Revolver. It worked just fine, but the directory structure was messed up so that the files extracted outside of the Inducer directory instead of inside it.

bugaboo
July 17th, 2004, 10:17
i've tested the Magnetic scrolls sbi and it loads fine but when you goto type the keyboard doesnt respond, i dont know if this has to do with the sbi, doubt it, i burned in on a single menu setting, but if this is a bug it needs sorting real bad, i tried the keyboard in all the slots and nothing, then i pulled the contoller out of port one to try keyboard in that and it resets, it says in instuctions that keyboard can be in any port, but it doesnt work ???
it looks great but as it is its unplayable, is there something i'm missing, can anyone help ?, who ported this ? and how do you contact them, as this is an excellent port if only it worked :'(

could it be that the sbi version makes it not work ?

Kamjin
July 17th, 2004, 18:20
I wouldn't think it's the SBI, the keyboard check
is done right at the start, so it should be plugged
in before the game loads up. and don't move it
since it's assumed to stary in the same port.
I just burned it to be sure, and it It's working.

My buest guess you're keyboard is behaving just like
mine.. the connector sometime doesn't have a good
contact. right before you load up the game go into the
dreamcast setup screen ,and into the file menu. check
to see that there's a picture of a controller on the
port that you have the keyboard plugged into, then
start it up.

Let me know how things go.. if it still doesn't work
I'll figure something out.

bugaboo
July 17th, 2004, 18:46
hey! thanks for replying,
but no the keyboard registers, and it works ok for others, when i start playing the adventure i can press anykey on the keyboard to scroll the start text when it says more, but when its finished i goto type and ...nothing.
at the menu where you select the games , is it supposed to work there aswell ? , it doesnt on mine, i dont know whats wrong, could it be that it needs to be burned as a single boot disk ? would that make any difference , i dont know, maybe i'll try it and see, its really annoying, cos it looks so good and to be able to play the pawn again is excellent, i used to play it on amiga.

bugaboo
July 17th, 2004, 19:13
i just burned a selfboot and still no luck, i forgot to put the stuff on the selfboot, so i had to swap to the old one after it had loaded to select a game, then when it had rescaned i started and the same...argh >:(
i have the files and they havent got no extension so i just added .mag to the end of them, that wouldnt make a difference though, would it, cos it all loads in and starts ok, just you can't type, i'm using a uk model dc would that make any difference ? can't see how though ??? damn its so annoying,
the selfboot i done was not with the sbi, this time i used the bin file from dcemu.co.uk. and selfboot.
should i try doing a selfboot using the sbi and sbiinducer v4 ?
is that the one you used to test it ?

:( :( :(

Kamjin
July 17th, 2004, 19:38
Wait a bit and I'll have a PM for you.

curt_grymala
July 17th, 2004, 19:41
I responded with this comment over at DCEmulation (although, I'm sure that kamjin will have something better for you):

I don't have a key board, so there is no way for me to test that part of it. I do know that the readme says a keyboard is not necessary, so you may want to try the discs that you already made, and see if you can figure out some way to use the on-screen keyboard that kamjin included.

bugaboo
July 17th, 2004, 19:46
eurgh no thanks *;D
i gots to use me keyboard for this one *:D
though the on screen one is very nice, for people who havent got a keyboard *;)

ok ok.... its solved now

it was just that the keyboard doesnt work when plugged into port 4 (thats what i had it in)

;)

thanks Kamjin its an excellent port ;D