PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x on 2.6 help

KalebtheMage
February 17th, 2006, 02:56
Hello i am new to the Sony PsP and a freind at my school told me about ROMS and EMULATORS on the psp. EMU's are fun to play on the pc because you can play games that you played years and years ago. BUT when i tried to download the Snex9x_TYL thing and transfer it to my game folder it wont play. It says its CORRUPTED DATA if anyone could tell me how to install a Super Nintendo Emulator on the Psp with specific instructions thatll be great.
If there is no chance in hell to get a Super Nintendo EMU on a 2.6 Psp you can just tell me im stupid or something because my freind got his Emulated by his dad. His dad is a technician for Nintendo. If u help me with this issue and tell me how to get the EMU to ork ill be sure to help Yall out

Please Help

ryan2006
February 17th, 2006, 03:37
1st off you need to have a real copy of gta lcs then you hav 2 go to http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17983 and download the eloader for 2.6 read the instructions and install thn got to www.fanjita.org and go to the workin eboots for gta section and dowload Uo_Snes9x (SNES) install put some roms on ur psp and hey prestooo

PS the Eloader for 2.6 is still very buggy an alot of the time it will just crash but hopefully a update will be out soon . hope this helps u

theonegrafx
February 17th, 2006, 06:17
wait. so you need to have the gta game in order to play roms on the 2.6 using this eboot loader...

.:PSP1.0:.
February 17th, 2006, 07:19
Yep that correct..

KalebtheMage
February 17th, 2006, 13:40
Now i guess that I am Screwed. Is there any kind of way i can play roms and Emu W/O Gta. my friend doesnt havve that game but it works for him. I tried to ask his dad but he said that he was busy.

crossfadeking
February 17th, 2006, 15:20
unfortunatly if your on 2.6 then at the moment you can only play homebrew with using gta!!

im actually supprised at the amount of people who have upgraded to 2.6 that dont own a copy of gta!!

KalebtheMage
February 19th, 2006, 22:23
Well I dont kno wtf is wrong. My friend Brandon Tait Has got an Working Emulator and liek 30 roms on his Psp.(he has a gig memcard) and so do i but it wont work for me. He has a 2.6 psp and i have a 2.6 also
Maybe its just my PSP?

yaustar
February 20th, 2006, 02:41
Check that you friend does actually have 2.6, any firmware that is between 2.01 and 2.6 NEEDS GTA to play homebrew. 2.0 and under however do not.

doggy
February 20th, 2006, 03:09
maybe u just play it direct from your psp game save file.
1. you need gta:lcs
2. download eloader gta gamesave file
3. run gta and than load your file save data(eloader)
4.choose snes9x
Easy step dude!!!!
Hey! If any one got game save file of street fighter alpha 3 max(us) please put it in this forum or send it to me
thx.....

KalebtheMage
February 21st, 2006, 02:42
The thing is is that neither of us have GTA and he somehow still can play roms. He told me to make a folder in my game folder called "snes" in that folder create 3 more called "profiles" "saves" and "games" and then look in your PHOTO folder and the emu is there. He can't remember exactly what he did but i think he changed the eboot to something that worked. He is Very Smart so go figure.

Sumo X
February 21st, 2006, 03:59
If he has to go to the Photo folder, he has 2.0 firmware using the eboot loader. It won't work on yours- you'll need GTA.