PDA

View Full Version : PSP problems, please please help

Ally G
February 17th, 2006, 19:38
I have now bought 3 different PSPs on EBay, with each seller claiming to have the much sought after v1.50

The final one arrived today, and God forbid, its version 1.51. I am aware that this can be upgraded to 2.0 and then back down to 1.50, but have no idea how to do this, and am scared that I "brick" my machine. Can someone PLEASE advise me on what to do, before I throw the damn thing out the window!!!

Thanks

yaustar
February 18th, 2006, 06:46
Please read the FAQs:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=80
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11365

Jdemon
February 18th, 2006, 13:52
In addition you may want to check Here (http://forums.psphacks.net/index.php?topic=11896.0) for a very complete guide with pictures to take you step by step without any worries.

Also as all the tutorials will mention your anti-virus software must be completely dissabled or it will detect the tif file as the dreded "PSP Brick Virus"

An original 1.5 PSP is becoming very hard to find at this point and I think anyone who can't hold a unit in their hands to verify it is a 1.5 is just wasting their time. Ebay sellers are notorious for ripping people off. Not to say that there aren't alot of great sellers on ebay also, but if you are not hip to what's going on you can get taken advantage of easily.

Ally G
February 19th, 2006, 20:06
I think Im gonna explode!

Ok, I did the upgrade, and then the download, and Im now sitting with 1.50

I still couldnt get the bloody thing working, and have now realised that I need a UMD in the slot to be able to run my ISOs. So I went and bought Grand Theft Auto. Big mistake, because this requires an update to 2.0. So I took it back and got Pro Evo, however it will not allow me to run this, because the Update for 2.0 is still sitting in the GAME folder, and cant be deleted.

Am I right in saying my only option is to do the update, and then downgrade to 1.50 again??

All help is much appreciated!

Lodis
February 20th, 2006, 02:39
For the money you have spent on trying to get the sought after 1.5 for piracy you could have purchased a Psp and actually paid for some games. The reason I love 1.5 firmware is because you get 100% homebrew with full kernel mode, great emulation for example Snes TYL ME (kernel mode sound mixing), excellent ports and lots of other great programming devs have created in (months) their own spare time. If you have just purchased this Psp purely for Piracy then you have no idea or respect for what the true value of a 1.5 Psp really is.

yaustar
February 20th, 2006, 02:51
Sorry but we don't discuss ISO loading here on the forums.

Jdemon
February 20th, 2006, 03:01
Can't be deleted??? Not possible. Maybe you can't delete it directly from the PSP but you should be able to access it by USB and delete it. And you definitely can do it with a cardreader or format the card..that'll do it.

DO NOT UPDATE USING THE UMD!!! It may say 2.0 update but odds are it is 2.01 and you WILL NOT be able to downgrade again.

Kaiser
February 20th, 2006, 03:12
For the money you have spent on trying to get the sought after 1.5 for piracy you could have purchased a Psp and actually paid for some games. The reason I love 1.5 firmware is because you get 100% homebrew with full kernel mode, great emulation for example Snes TYL ME (kernel mode sound mixing), excellent ports and lots of other great programming devs have created in (months) their own spare time. If you have just purchased this Psp purely for Piracy then you have no idea or respect for what the true value of a 1.5 Psp really is.

Now that was well said. I can completely agree with this statement.

If you want homebrew and GTA just use Fanjita's eboot loader. Please get rid of those ISO's dude your killing the PSP by using them.