PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I backed up all my GBA and DS games.... now what?

Cyber Akuma
March 24th, 2009, 04:54
I backed up all my GBA and NDS games, but I have questions about what to do next for each. A list of these games has been included if this helps.

I have an original NintendoDS, a CycloDS Evolution (Firmware 1.54) and an EZ 3in1.

Here are my questions:

GBA:

1. Is there any tool out there that can rename these games (and preferably their saves) for me?

2. I remember hearing that some GBA games need to be patched or something for using EEPROM saves, how do I find out which games need this?

3. Do I need to patch the rom or the save?

4. After a game and/or has been patched, will I still be able to copy the save back to my original GBA cart if I want to at a later date?

5. Is there any way I can check that I dumped all of my games correctly without just playing each one, since I have a lot?

---------------------

NDS:

1. Is there any tool out there that can rename these games (and preferably their saves) for me?

2. I noticed that the game roms and saves are named differently. E.G. a game would be named something like "BANGAI_O_AY6E00.nds" while the save would be called "BANGAI_O_AY6E_00.sav" All the saves seem to end in "_00" while the roms do not have this underscore before the "00". Do I need to rename all my saves in order to get them to work with my roms? Why did the backup tool name them differently like this? It didn't for my GBA sabes.

3. Do I need to patch or edit any of my NDS roms for any reason to get them to work?

4. Will I still be able to copy the save back to my original NDS cart if I want to at a later date?

5. Is there any way I can check that I dumped all of my games correctly without just playing each one, since I have a lot?

---------------------

Those are all the questions I have for now

Thanks

BlueCrab
March 24th, 2009, 13:34
Discussion of backups isn't allowed on this forum. Please consult the forum rules.

TOPIC LOCKED