PDA

View Full Version : Tetris 2 for Dreamcast News

DCEmu_Newsposter
June 6th, 2004, 19:38
VG Software (http://www.vgsoftware.com/index.html) have posted a little update about their forthcoming Tetris game for the Dreamcast.[br][br] Every time I get up to speed with Tetris 2 school comes and take over, it happend this time again :(. But I still hope to finish Tetris 2 before the end of June 2004!

Christuserloeser
June 6th, 2004, 20:18
http://www.vgsoftware.com/images/screen/tetris2.jpg

bloodyskies
June 6th, 2004, 20:23
that looks sweeet!

Christuserloeser
June 6th, 2004, 20:41
TetrisCD 1 is defintly worth a download! ;)

http://www.vgsoftware.com/index.html

Chris

Maximo2703
June 6th, 2004, 23:43
looks good hopefully we'll see some special blocks like thr e real tetris 2 plus expanding upon the idea

curt_grymala
June 7th, 2004, 01:57
Did anyone notice that Tetris 2 is going to include Rumble Pack support? I'm interested to see what elements of Tetris would warrant use of the rumble pack. It also says it's going to support mp3 background music. Anyone know if this is going to be in addition to the CD support, or are they using mp3 music support in place of the audio CD support?

Styrofoam
June 7th, 2004, 16:21
Did anyone notice that Tetris 2 is going to include Rumble Pack support? *I'm interested to see what elements of Tetris would warrant use of the rumble pack [...]

Taking a stab in the dark here, but i would imagine the rumble would be started everytime you clear a line and the blocks above drop down. The more lines and the bigger the pile of falling blocks the greater the rumble ;)

curt_grymala
June 7th, 2004, 16:25
That would be pretty cool. Damn! I really need to figure out where my rumble pack disappeared to. I want to try out AAC with puru puru. If Tetris 2 comes out before I find it, then I will end up having to buy a new one. I put it away, because it was so darn annoying on games like NFL 2K, when it would rumble all the way through picking my next play.

Eric
June 8th, 2004, 03:30
Wow i have had the first for along time it was a pretty good game except for some of the bugs but the second looks really amazing i like the background i hope you can select more then one background and i hope they change when you get to the next level and i am quite happy to see that 2 player has been inputed in this version

Eric

curt_grymala
June 8th, 2004, 03:52
I just noticed something weird about that screenshot. Both windows say "Player 1" at the top.

Christuserloeser
June 8th, 2004, 07:54
I believe you can put in your name there. Should be Player 2 though, you're right.

Chris

JMD
July 2nd, 2004, 19:06
ViKtor,
Do you like Amon Tobin ? ;)

Maximo2703
July 3rd, 2004, 05:19
Sounds good viktor ...any new gameplay elements that set it apart from the orginal Tetris you released? id be curious to see like bomb blocks or something.

DCDayDreamer
July 4th, 2004, 14:06
:)Sweet, looking forward to this release more than any others soon to come for the scene, version 1 was excellent by the way.

LyonHrt
July 4th, 2004, 17:59
Yeah posted mate