PDA

View Full Version : mamepsp

crossfadeking
February 18th, 2006, 18:43
i decided to try this out today on my 2.6!!
to my supprise it actually loads the emulator up!!
i loaded the konami version on there!!
not been sucessful with loading a rom yet! any ideas???
i read that i have to put the rom in a zip file in a roms folder like so
psp/game/mamepsp/roms
tried this but have had no luck!!!

next thing i will try is just leaving the rom files in with the emulator file!

AtariFreek
February 18th, 2006, 22:47
Go Here ->Fanjitas Place (http://www.fanjita.org)
For A List Of All Working EBOOTS With The 2.6 Eloader

crossfadeking
February 19th, 2006, 14:17
i have mensioned time and time again that there are things on the list that do not work and things missing from that list that do work!!!

yaustar
February 19th, 2006, 16:35
You might need to rebuild the rom with clrmame or romcenter for the version ir MAME that PSPMAME uses but it seems unlikely that would the reason.

Jdemon
February 19th, 2006, 18:22
OK I'm mostly clueless with stuff for anything that's 1.5+ Firmware but maybe I can help.

Is the filestructure a 2 folder system to run EMU's like it is on 1.5? If so you need to have the "roms" folder inside the launch folder without a "%". And if the mame you downloaded is only 1 folder you will need to reduild the eboot.pbp (see my tuturials)

If 2.6 runs like 1.0 then you just need a "roms" folder within your mame folder. Also you have to have a complete working rom for a game to load and run. Alot of roms that circulate are incomplete(missing files), and you will get a message if that is the case. One other thing is that none of the versions of MAME released for the PSP clear the memory before loading a game. This means that if you try to load a second or third game it may cause a crash.

crossfadeking
February 19th, 2006, 18:53
aparently a few roms do work!!!
or so i have been told!

what happens when i turn on my psp!!!
1.load gta.
2.load fanjita loader.
3.load mamepsp.
4.list of roms appears (presume these are the ones that are compatible)
5. choose rom i have placed on the memorycard from the list.
6.comes up with some japanese writing which i believe to say load rom yes or no.
7.select yes.
8.blank screen.
9.psp turns off.

is it hard to rebuild a rom file???

yaustar
February 20th, 2006, 02:38
I wouldn't say hard, just confusing especially with clrmame pro. To be honest, since PSP mame only supports early Arcade games, you be better off finding other console conversions to play. If the PC engine emulator is supported in 2.6, that's your best bet.

Jdemon
February 20th, 2006, 14:37
:eek: I just realized you said Konami, not sure where you got it but to my knowledge the KN NB NT versions were corrupt upon release and haven't been fixed. I'm guessing you mean KN2 though since KN shouldn't boot up at all. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Konami2 has any roms that work well, maybe Haunted Castle will work. All the others look like they either crash or have very low FPS. You can get the list I posted a while back HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12576&page=2&pp=10&highlight=mame)

BTW do you need 2 folders(1.5 style) or just 1(1.0 style)?

Rebuilding MAME roms is easy (just zip all the files), it's finding all the files that is difficult. Most games have what are called "parent roms" and these usually have the missing files. For instance Gladious is the parent rom for Life Force.

Here's a quick list of games I can verify that work very well (you can even use samples if you've got them) :D

Working Roms for FAV
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Frogger
Space Invaders Galactica (galaxian)
Jungle Hunt
Mr Do!
Ms Pac-Man
Super Cobra
Scramble
Super Galaxian

Working Roms for Sega
Ali Baba
Carnival
Congo
Head On 2
Pengo
Pitfall 2
Sega Ninja
Space Attack (upright 1)
Zaxxon

yaustar
February 21st, 2006, 06:13
Jdemon, I thinking you are mis interupting what is meant by rebuilding roms. It usually involves renaming all the files inside the zip to fit what is outlined in the MAME's dat file.

The dat file can changed from release to release.

pspcross
April 11th, 2006, 17:51
i noticed that you mentioned about having working roms from parent files.

the following site has all the info you need regarding this.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

just search for a game and it tells you all the roms you need for it to work.

take double dragon US for example you need ddragon and ddragonu for it
to work properly. most games need more than one rom to work.

it also tells you loads of info about all games.

you can search by manufacturer to find konami for example maybe this will
help to get the roms working.

i know it helped me with using mame on the pc.

best of luck