PDA

View Full Version : YDL 6.1 problem I NEED HELP IN A BAD WAY!

headsupkid01
March 24th, 2009, 23:59
I recently installed YDL 6.1 on my ps3 and some wifi issues. After trying evertihng and no one responding to my thread, I decided to format the hard disk and re install the YDL. I thought mayby i didn't change to wifi in the setup because it seems like everything i do in the network config. still displays it as eht0 and not wlan0. So after i formated the hard disk i went to other os to see if anything would happen and to see if the YDL was erased. When i opened it up it went into the screen with the three penguins at the top and displayed some stuff and made it to the part where it say's

sending discover
sending discover
don't understand action "leasefail"
no lease, failing
route: resolving
kboot_

and the curser flashe's. What do i do, I tried this command like in the install with the disk in it

kboot install_ps3_1080p

It doesn't work. how do i gat back to xmb or reinstall.

JLF65
March 25th, 2009, 21:38
The wifi cannot be eth0 as eth0 is the ethernet port on the PS3. You probably need to go through the YDL forum for answers. It's not likely you'll find something here.

The easiest way to get back to the PS3 GameOS is to hold down the power button until it beaps. When the PS3 starts up, you'll have to reset a few preferences before it goes to the XMB. Kboot has a command to go back to the GameOS, but I forget what it is as I use petitboot instead of kboot. In petitboot, you just press the Del key to go back to GameOS. You might want to check out petitboot - it's really nice.