PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger Resurrection for Dreamcast?

Christuserloeser
May 28th, 2004, 08:18
------------------------------
Chrono Trigger Resurrection DC
------------------------------

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/media/screenshots/guardia.jpg

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/media/screenshots/kitchen.jpg

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/media/screenshots/cronosroom3.jpg

Currently this project is planned for PC and a DC release was recently cancelled but it is still a portable game as it's written in C!

I've just registered to their forum. Let's have a talk with those ppl over there *

If you wanna see this game on DC let them know:

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1085694 402

One of those guys actually seems to have some serious Dreamcast knowledge/expierence...

It would be nice to see some of you posting there too *8)

Chris

Hola
June 9th, 2004, 20:45
Looks pretty damn spiffy but I doubt anyone has enough skill to program that for dc.

Christuserloeser
June 9th, 2004, 22:17
Would be great if they'd think about it!

...the only way to release it to the general public legally ;D - beside 4 PC

One of the programmers of this game has some extended DC SHx ASM knowledge (worked at some unreleased SEGA Saturn emu 4 DC) so why not *8)

Chris

Cap'n 1time
June 10th, 2004, 14:28
[quote author=Christuserloeser

One of the programmers of this game has some extended DC SHx ASM knowledge (worked at some unreleased SEGA Saturn emu 4 DC) so why not *8)

Chris[/quote]

Sorry to run this off topic. Is the Saturn emu still in development? :o

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 14:34
Nope, I cannot imagine how that should have worked ;D

A SEGA Saturn has like 20 or so different and really powerful gfx and sfx units that do real-time parallel switching and whatnot. Even the PC emus are slow as hell AFAIK... but I'm curious too... Why don't u join the message board over their and ask them by yourself in the Team Resurrection General Discussion Forum ?

Chris

vipor231
June 10th, 2004, 15:30
the dc could handle that game,i mean cmon look at grandia 2.awesome game

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 16:40
Yeah, that's what I say, join their message board and discuss it with us over there! :)

Chris

Hola
June 10th, 2004, 18:02
I dont think Grandia 2 looked as good as that as far as character models are concerned.

guymelef
June 10th, 2004, 19:55
maybe somekind of doomdc style boot disk?
or single game mame stuff. i guess not actually because you would still need a hard drive so you might have to run it from a copy of the installed directory which I am sure is illegal.

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 20:05
??? Curious what u are talking about:

Chris

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 05:24
porting it to dc. but after reading the official forums i don't think it would be possible without dumming down the graphics. but still a worthwhile venture on the part of the coders and a mainstay in rpg history. I don't care if they made there own system I would buy just to play this game. did you see the graphics? they are killer! way better than the psx version and I hope even that a private or even commercial endorsment is given to them by square-enix. they seem to be kicking some serious ass. sorry I am drunk and tiried

Cap'n 1time
June 12th, 2004, 03:47
Over in the other forum i was quite suprised to find that the DreamCast was never around long enough for developers to push games to there limits.

As i understand it, no one has yet really seen the full power of the dreamcast's hardware. We can guess based on system specs, but until things get tested, we probably will never fully know.

Thats just what i understand. Prove me wrong if you can please.

Hola
June 13th, 2004, 05:20
Dc has been pushed to its limits. Check for a new game on Atomiswave called rumble fighters I believe. It pushes 6 million polygons and tons of light sources, multi textures and reflections. Looks just like tekken 4 or Virtual Fighter 4 *B Naomi

edit: BTW i was wrong its force five not rumble fish. :edit

Cap'n 1time
June 13th, 2004, 15:36
6 million polygons is a heck of alot. But is it enough for CT:R? The video is also just one of the heavy requirments...

Hola
June 14th, 2004, 15:00
Nope, I cannot imagine how that should have worked ;D

A SEGA Saturn has like 20 or so different and really powerful gfx and sfx units that do real-time parallel switching and whatnot. Even the PC emus are slow as hell AFAIK... but I'm curious too... Why don't u join the message board over their and ask them by yourself in the Team Resurrection General Discussion Forum ?

ChrisWell the girigiri sega buld runs games perfectly on a 2ghz with a 16mb graphics card. The emu has no graphic card speed ups and no ASM. If it supported graphic cards for speed ups and asm I think it would run on about a 1ghz.

nemesiscakewafer
June 15th, 2004, 10:11
The law of emulation: *A system must be better and more flexible than the system it's emulating, in some cases, considerably better. *It not only has to do the same processes as the original console, but it also has to be capable of running a program to run it.

The Saturn isn't as good as the Dreamcast, obviously, but it is near impossible to emulate on the DC for the reasons above, and even if you could emulate the Saturn on DC, it would be 1 fps. *The playstation was relatively easy to emulate, and Bleem had some good developers, but that got screwed by Sony, and I think most are sticking with ePSXe/VGS/Bleem for PC nowadays...

Worthless crap, but you get the deal.

Christuserloeser
June 18th, 2004, 08:47
The new Chrono Trigger Resurrection for Dreamcast discussion thread:

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1087502 426

Chris