PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Blade Update

DCEmu_Newsposter
June 9th, 2004, 18:43
Thanks to Dr Zoidberg for this news :)[br][br]Maximo2703 has posted some new Raven's Blade news in this DCEmu topic (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=533147#533147), you can see some new RB screenshots over at the Raven's Blade website (http://www.ravensblade2703.cjb.net/) & Max has also mentioned that Team Raven are looking for some voice actors for the game:[br][br]"Alright guys i have great news we have new screenshots up. they are a major improvement over the last ones. go to the site to check it out. [br][br]Now heres something new i was discussing with Anton about adding voice acting to the game not only in the cutscenes but during in game play as well. Theres approx 11 characters that will need voice acting. the list so far is [br][br]Raven [br][br]Krstylala (the angel female of course) [br][br]Merlock (the evil wizard) [br][br]The Demon (i have no name for him yet) [br][br]the 4 bounty hunter demon knights (they're the mini bosses every stage 2 mid way through) [br][br]the other 3 big bosses [br][br]anyone up for it or know someone who would be?"

Eric
June 10th, 2004, 02:42
sorry i seem not to be able to visit the home site i am dieing to look at some images of the game

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 02:44
The game is still in its early stadium, but the site is currently down, yes.

Chris

Maximo2703
June 10th, 2004, 04:10
yeah sorry about that guys....thank yahpoo.... i maybe switching the site over to Angelfire tonight or maybe something else. just keep checking

and chris is right the game is still very much in early developement so its going to be a longggggg while before the public sees even a beta release. im not even excepting a one level demo until Xmas or even early next year. We're taking our time with this. im actually even redoing the design for stage 1 im extending it and adding things to it.

i can make this remark though.... i have played the tech demo of the game and its shaping up veryyyy nicely.

id even like to make a commerical release out of this game.

Maximo2703
June 10th, 2004, 05:52
Alright guys.. got some good news... the site is back up and running... the bad news is i have changed servers on to Angelfire ,and its full of stupid ads. this will only be for a week or so then im going to look for another server.

sorry for the inconvince the site being down caused for anyone.the url is still the same by the way

wraggster
June 10th, 2004, 07:19
how big is your site Maximo?

Maximo2703
June 10th, 2004, 08:12
well wrag if ur meaning mb size and such im roughly coming under 2mb so far keeping in mind though there will be other screenshots and other items added later which would probally boost the size. hope thats the info you were looking for ,but why you ask?

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 11:47
id even like to make a commerical release out of this game.
Yeah, if the game's actually as nice and as polished as I imagine that it would be than that should be no big deal at all and will attract a lot of ppl to it. A commercial release is always better as some download! This scene needs original concepts and new games like yours. If the deal with Ian Micheals new company will not happen, I am pretty sure the GoatStore would apreciate to be able to release Raven's Blade

Chris

Maximo2703
June 10th, 2004, 17:19
i sure hope so chris. as far as it being well polished. we wouldnt release with it being anything less. thats why i dont think we'll even have a level 1 beta demo just to tease people with until Xmas or even 2005. but it will all be worth it.

Eric
June 10th, 2004, 18:01
Well it looks like your taking your time with the work which is a good thing cause whenever a beta release comes out it will look amazing and when the full version comes out either commercial or freeware i know its going to look amazing

Eric

wraggster
June 10th, 2004, 19:30
why not use http://www.netfirms.com for hosting they shit all over angelfire etc

Maximo2703
June 10th, 2004, 19:41
thankx eric for the support.

wragg. ill check that out ,and can you do me a favor by amending the news you have posted about the game to reflect we already have someone doing the voice acting for Merlock and The Demon.... im gettin flooded with emails about people wanting to play Merlock. We may even possibly have the voice actor for Raven picked out ,and one bounty hunter i gotta discuss those with the team though before i make it final