PDA

View Full Version : psp internet browser trouble

pavey
February 21st, 2006, 06:10
hi there, today got bored in computer studies at school so i did a scan for a wireless in our school, it came back with 2 points, 1 with WEP security and the other with NONE so i chose none and it connected and was trying to obtain ip address, after 30 seconds it would time out, any solution???

F9zDark
February 21st, 2006, 07:16
1)You may be too far from the access point to access it properly. I have noticed that my PSP is unable to secure a connection and access the net properly if the signal strength is lower than 30%. In your case it may be different, but the signal needs to be sufficient to work properly.

2)Some wireless connections require special information to be filled out first to gain access. Some hotels use this; it connects to the gateway, which is then passed onto a file which asks for login information. If it isn't filled in, the computer the DNS information through that gateway and can't access the net.

yaustar
February 21st, 2006, 07:41
There may also be mac filters on the Access points. Nothing you can really do about that unless you start hacking.

pavey
February 21st, 2006, 09:06
F9zDark yeh my signal strength was about 25% if i can remember right
and yaustar we dont use macs so that may be the problem, thanks guys

yaustar
February 21st, 2006, 18:01
mac as in 'Network MAC address' not 'Apple macs'.

Each network device has a MAC address which *should* be unique to each device. It works like an ID to the hardware. Routers can maintain MAC access and deny lists so that only certain devices can connect to the router/access point.