PDA

View Full Version : Eloader v0.9.5 Brown Ale Version (Updated Homebrew Loader for v2.0+ PSP Firmware)

wraggster
February 21st, 2006, 06:30
Update from Fanjita

<blockquote>Some people have found a bug in the Windows Installer code, that can cause save-games to appear to be corrupted. We've fixed that bug and updated the release.

However, if you already installed on a PSP with the US or German GTA version, then you may have a corrupted savegame - this will be a folder in /psp/savedata called [something].bak, usually ULUS10041S0.bak or ULES00182S0.bak. To fix it:
Copy the files from the [something].bak folder into the [something] folder - e.g. ULUS10041S0.bak to ULUS10041S0.
Delete the [something].bak folder.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. </blockquote>

New Version of windows installer is updated :)

Fanjita and Ditlew (http://www.fanjita.org/) have released a new Version of Eloader (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17983) for the PSP which uses the hack found in Edison Carters Cheat Device (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18039&highlight=edison+carter), be aware you also need to have Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=6533&lsaid=219793) to use the Eloader.

Remember to check out our Eboot and GTA Eloader Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=103) to get the best in help and discussion.

Heres the info

<blockquote>Hermit time is over! Say hello to the latest eLoader release, codenamed "Brown Ale". (From now on, each release will be named after a beer style, to liven things up a little).

Brown Ale is the final (non-beta) version of eLoader 0.9.5. It has the following main features:
Integrated release, supporting both TIFF and GTA launch methods
Automatic installer for Windows users
Stable support for all v2.0+ firmwares - no more special voodoo required to improve reliability
More memory for applications
Lots of bug fixes
And the much requested support for PSP-GBA </blockquote>

Download Via Comments

YourStillWithMe
February 21st, 2006, 06:45
wait, wraggster, are you saying that we can now use the "photo" exploit that we use for fannjitas eboot loader on 2.01 and up!? If yes, i'm upgrading. . . that is if we can use all the eboots on 2.00 that we can run on 2.01 and up. I'd go up to 2.50 MAYBE but i'm still probably not going to :)

This is great news for the psp scene if what it says is true. . .I think thats what it says. . . :confused:

Sumo X
February 21st, 2006, 06:58
No, you cannot use the photo exploit on 2.01 or higher. This package contains both eboot loaders and allegedly now the eloader works just as well as the 2.0 eboot loader.

I retract my statement about the 2.0 eboot loader. Don't know why it wasn't working well at first, but now it runs great. It still hangs up sometimes, though. I'll test the eloader vs the 2.0 eboot loader tomorrow when I get my copy of GTA.

Makaveli777
February 21st, 2006, 07:10
So this means that the 2.0 and 2.01+ versions of the ebootloader have equal capabilities already? If so that was quick! Good Job Fanjita and Ditlew. Now I can play homebrew whenever i decide to update.

urherenow
February 21st, 2006, 07:26
Not according to Sumo X... I have a new mobo on the way for my bricked PSP and when I get it (assuming I instal it and everything works) I'll have a 1.5 AND whatever the latest firmware is (or the latest with a bunch of homebrew that works 2.6 is ok for now I guess). I'll be able to test more stuff that way ;)

Sumo X
February 21st, 2006, 07:35
Not according to Sumo X... I have a new mobo on the way for my bricked PSP and when I get it (assuming I instal it and everything works) I'll have a 1.5 AND whatever the latest firmware is (or the latest with a bunch of homebrew that works 2.6 is ok for now I guess). I'll be able to test more stuff that way ;)

Well, I think on Fanjita's site it says the eloader has much more capability...but to what extent? He doesn't have time to test everything, but we'll get a sense of it over the next few days.

Also, how are you getting a mobo with two firmwares?!?!

Voltron
February 21st, 2006, 08:13
Sadly, I'm having difficulty with the new eLoader as well. I will make a detailed list of my findings. Hopefully this will help discover why this is happening. I'm using a PSP Model # PSP-1001 K. Originally firmware 1.5 and upgraded to 2.00 -

Installation:
I installed this using the Windows Auto Installer and installed both TIFF and GTA variation. Below will be a list of EMU's tried using this with the TIFF Loader. I have not tried the GTA version yet.

Nester J - Loads up fine. Plays fine. NO way to exit. LR+START or Holding the HOME button do not seem to work. I had to force the PSP to shut down holding the power button for 10 seconds.

RIN 1.32 - Boots up fine but as soon as the ROM list shows, you get that horrible buzzing sound. Also, the selector curser is forced continually upward like the UP button was stuck. Also, no way to exit. LR+START & Holding HOME just froze up the PSP.

Zelurkers NEO GEO CD 0.9.1 - Won't even start. Just gets a black screen and freezes. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

HUE 0.60BETA - Loads up fine. Plays fine. Won't exit. Even when exiting from menu. Just get an unresponsive black screen.

PLYNX - Loads up fine. Plays fine. Does not allow you to exit. Freezes when trying to exit from menu.

PSPGENESIS - Loads up fine. Plays Fine. Freezes when trying to exit.

SMS PLUS 1.2 - Loads up fine. Plays Fine. No way to exit. Have to force the PSP to shut off by holding power for 10 seconds.

SNES9XTYL 0.2C & 0.3 - Everything seems fine. (Thank You! Thank You!) Loads up, plays fine. Exits back to menu. Exiting seems a little slower however.

I hope this serves as a guide for other people trying this Loader out. I would like other people to post their results also to serve as a reference. I hope Fanjita sees this post also. I appreciate the hard work Fanjita does so I'm not too bummed about this. I will always support the eLoader. I guess I'll just have to go back to version 0.9

Sumo X
February 21st, 2006, 08:52
Now I'm back to having problems. Each time I try to launch an emulator, it tells me a different folder has a suspicious path. Sometimes I'll get to the menu, but when I try to select a rom it freezes.

If you're at .85 and working great, stick with that for the moment. There might be a few kinks that need to be worked out of this one.

DeViLbOy
February 21st, 2006, 11:51
So this means i can play VBA yayayayayayayayayayay!!!!!.
But i tried it and the stupid suspicious path thing comes up maybe im using the wrong VBA could someone tell me what one is compatible with this loader and 2.0...?

one winged angel
February 21st, 2006, 12:40
i have 1 question: what is tiff support. does it mean you dont need gta to play homebrew on fw 2.0+

mcmonkey
February 21st, 2006, 13:09
niether of the gba emulators seem to work with this and neocd has stoped working aswell. everything elese has been working great tho :)

ngin.small
February 21st, 2006, 13:09
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so happy i could wet myself!!! :)

Voltron
February 21st, 2006, 13:16
i have 1 question: what is tiff support. does it mean you dont need gta to play homebrew on fw 2.0+

Firmware 2.00 only allows for launching the eLoader using the Tiff exploit. The tiff exploit allows for the eLoader to launch when selecting the loader file in the image folder of your PSP.

So you DO need GTA to run the eLoader on firmware 2.01 and above.

dman32
February 21st, 2006, 13:21
where can i download SNES9XTYL 0.3

wraggster
February 21st, 2006, 13:21
updated the original post with the bugfixed windows installer release and news

Mew
February 21st, 2006, 14:44
awesome! just awesome!!

DeViLbOy
February 21st, 2006, 15:02
Ok then but is there a app like pspcapture thata will work on 2.0??.

urherenow
February 21st, 2006, 15:40
Also, how are you getting a mobo with two firmwares?!?!

Heh.. cute, but wrong idea. :p

I'll have 2 working PSPs. The one I'm using now was a 1.51 upgraded then downgraded back to 1.5. When I get the new motherboard to fix my other PSP I'll have 1 of them updated (which one depends on weather or not the MB comes with 1.5 already or something higher) and keep one at 1.5. This way I can have my GTA and PLAy it too :D

along with all the kernal mode apps (such as the too AWESOME IRshell :cool: )

YourStillWithMe
February 21st, 2006, 16:36
So this Tiff exploit it just allows 2.00 users to experience the eLOADER too? Whats the point of that? The Fanjitas eboot loader was soooo much better and smoother. Not as great as 1.5 though :-)

Gaia777
February 21st, 2006, 16:39
Hi, im a newbie at this stuff of homebrew on psp, but i have some few questions, with this new eloader it means that i can play now homebrew like PSP Quake and emuators like PSPGBA??, and the other one is that i need a copy of GTA to make function the eLoader on firmwares on 2.01+, thanks a lot.

Sumo X
February 21st, 2006, 16:48
So this Tiff exploit it just allows 2.00 users to experience the eLOADER too? Whats the point of that? The Fanjitas eboot loader was soooo much better and smoother. Not as great as 1.5 though :-)

I think the point of combining these two as best as he can is to make it so Fanjita and Ditliew don't have to code two seperate loaders and instead work on the functionality of one.

Gaia777-

Well, that's the idea. But we won't know exactly which homebrews/emus work until people try them! ;) But if you're 2.01 or higher, yes, you need GTA.

DeViLbOy
February 21st, 2006, 16:55
GBA Emulater does work but if you change the CPU Speed or the frame rate you need to reset the ROM or the PSP will crash and the sound is all weird and it is slow.

deadman578
February 21st, 2006, 18:18
What GBA emulator works and which firmware can you run it on 2.00 or 2.01+??

Dimensio
February 21st, 2006, 20:16
I have two problems.

The first is that the WiFi loader consistently crashes my 2.0 PSP. This has been the case since it was bundled with eBOOT loader 0.9, but it's gotten worse now. Previously my PSP would crash when I browed to the WiFi loader directory from the root of the photo browser. With 0.95 it now crashes on the ROOT photo menu, apparently because the photo browser is trying to create a thumbnail from the .tiff file in the WiFi loader directory. Removing the directory completely solves the problem.

The second is that the 'wandering cursor' bug from 0.9 that plagued both NesterJ and RIN (I never found out if it affected others) is still present. I recall the cursor constantly moving downward in the menus in 0.9, but now in 0.95 it moves UP.

Anyone else having these problems, or is it just me?

gotmilk0112
February 21st, 2006, 21:21
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!
THIS IS WAAAAYYY AWESOME!!!!
GO FANJITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
this and AIMPSP = PWNAG3!!!

danonano420
February 21st, 2006, 21:40
Dimensio

That problem with the wondering cursor is pretty simple to fix. Open up the loader cfg and scroll down to thsi:
# Hold HOME to exit? (Regardless of this setting, you can always use L+R+START)
# This interferes with some programs, and is unsupported by others.
# If you see strange key behaviour, turn it off.
exitButtonIsHome=y ( <------ change that to N )
- that should fix it.

Dimensio
February 21st, 2006, 22:03
Dimensio

That problem with the wondering cursor is pretty simple to fix. Open up the loader cfg and scroll down to thsi:
# Hold HOME to exit? (Regardless of this setting, you can always use L+R+START)
# This interferes with some programs, and is unsupported by others.
# If you see strange key behaviour, turn it off.
exitButtonIsHome=y ( <------ change that to N )
- that should fix it.

Except that it's already set to N. Strangely, this does not seem to stop the HOME button from being used to return to the loader menu. I searched and found no config files apart from loader095.cfg that could be pre-empting the file that I change.

The config file is in $MOUNT_POINT/psp/eloader/loader095.cfg
Is that the correct location? I tried moving it to $MOUNT_POINT/psp/game/ where the older loader config files had resided (I've since removed them), but that didn't fix anything.

I discovered that the WiFi loader problem is only present in the "non Windows" package. I found a 'doze machine and used the executable and the problem went away (though the WiFi loader still crashes when I go into the directory).

Voltron
February 21st, 2006, 22:22
Anyone else having these problems, or is it just me?

I'm also having problems with this. The wandering cursor is present in RIN & GBA. I also get that horrible buzzing sound with RIN upon booting up. A lot of EMU's seem to freeze up the PSP moreso than before.

Whatever, I'm not complaining. Fanjita is putting a lot of time into this that is very generous.

Voltron
February 21st, 2006, 22:23
Deleting my accidental double post.

Dimensio
February 21st, 2006, 22:32
I'm also having problems with this. The wandering cursor is present in RIN & GBA. I also get that horrible buzzing sound with RIN upon booting up. A lot of EMU's seem to freeze up the PSP moreso than before.

Whatever, I'm not complaining. Fanjita is putting a lot of time into this that is very generous.

Did you try setting "exitButtonisHome=N" in the loader095.cfg file? If so, did it actually DO anything?

I checked my config file and that setting is set to "N" in the global settings and in the application-specific settings for NesterJ and RIN, and it doesn't seem to do ANYTHING. I still get the wandering cursor and holding HOME exits the emulator and returns to the eLoader.

What is wrong with this thing?

hockey2112
February 22nd, 2006, 00:35
I am unable to get PSPGBA 1025 and GBA Emulator for PSP 0.01 (Miemt) to work. The eboot's menu will load, but it freezes up and resets the PSP when I select a rom.

I am on a 2.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

x-zero
February 22nd, 2006, 02:44
Fanjita,Ditlew and all the others working on this project you guys are amazing.im speechless with the new eloader i own a v2.60 psp you guys are bringing the best of it.

D0N
February 22nd, 2006, 11:54
^^^^^^^ Yeh! 2 right! i got a v2.60 aswel.

DeViLbOy
February 23rd, 2006, 13:55
I am unable to get PSPGBA 1025 and GBA Emulator for PSP 0.01 (Miemt) to work. The eboot's menu will load, but it freezes up and resets the PSP when I select a rom.

I am on a 2.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
This (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/PSPGBA_1025.zip) is the best running one i can find for my 2.0 PSP.

hockey2112
February 24th, 2006, 02:45
This (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/PSPGBA_1025.zip) is the best running one i can find for my 2.0 PSP.

Just tried it, and it freezes at the same point. Did you install the emu in any particular fashion? Were your roms zipped or not? Anything other guidance would be great as well.

Thanks

thugline
February 27th, 2006, 19:42
removed link ~Kaiser

tylerman
February 28th, 2006, 02:45
so far mame and gba emulators do not work I get suspicious hard path

firmware 2.0

mstrhelix
February 28th, 2006, 03:21
ok if you have FW 2.0 then use the Tiff exploit version for most of your homebrew. if you want to run GBAPSP then you will need to use GTA version for 2.0. but use Tiff vers for the rest of your homebrew because its alot more stable.

stevecassidy
March 1st, 2006, 19:24
i just copied over PSPGENESIS but when i press x to load it, it just goes black an nothing happens or it reboots itself. can anyone help????

boncek
March 2nd, 2006, 10:19
Hi, I can't run ScummVM 8.2 on my 2.6 PSP. I don't know what is wrong. I've downloaded newest config files, so it should run but nothing. All I get is black screen (but PSP doesn't hung). Any ideas?

D0N
March 4th, 2006, 17:39
i just copied over PSPGENESIS but when i press x to load it, it just goes black an nothing happens or it reboots itself. can anyone help????

What verson of PSPGENESIS are u using and what firmware version u got?

lplover2k
March 20th, 2006, 05:15
i am getting a lot of problems with this one....i prefer the last version biere alsace....it is more stable for me....with biere alsace i can run dgen 1.3 but with this one no...and L+R+start doesn't seem to work either

sam0892
March 24th, 2006, 12:14
comment on fait pour lancer le loader

asim18
May 19th, 2006, 23:50
:mad: Please tell me this will run on my 2.7 psp?

coz if it dosent i will most likely have to kill myself because i just upgraded it from 2.6 :eek:

if it wont run, is there any way to "undo"?

Shilo
May 19th, 2006, 23:54
Sorry asim 18, but you can't play any homebrew (other than flash games) on 2.7.

asim18
May 20th, 2006, 00:04
but i can run on a 2.6 right?

Because i just bought this white psp yesterday and i can still return it for a full refund, then i'll go to a different shop and buy another one, and this time i wont bloody update it lol.

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 00:17
Yes it can run of 2.6, but you need GTA: LCS to run it.

asim18
May 20th, 2006, 00:27
Excellent, i'll grab myself a copy of GTA LC tomorrow afternoon too! :D

rdoggpmasta
May 20th, 2006, 00:55
i have v2.6 and eloader homebrew but i cant figure out where or how to put games on it

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 01:13
You take a big sledge hammer and smash your PSP :p
Don't do that :D Hook your PSP to your computer via the good ol' USB cable, and you put your homebrew and emulators in the game folder :D

asim18
May 20th, 2006, 20:00
ok i managed to install the eloader, and i tested a snes emulator with super mario, it all works fine.

BUT how am i supposed to play GTA?, because everytime i start GTA it loads the Eloader by default.

The only way i can get back to the game is by deleting the eloader save game in the "F:\PSP\SAVEDATA" dir, do i have to keep doing this, or is there an easier way?

asim18
May 20th, 2006, 22:49
hello? i posted over 4 hours ago?

ok i managed to install the eloader, and i tested a snes emulator with super mario, it all works fine.

BUT how am i supposed to play GTA?, because everytime i start GTA it loads the Eloader by default.

The only way i can get back to the game is by deleting the eloader save game in the "F:\PSP\SAVEDATA" dir, do i have to keep doing this, or is there an easier way?

maybe i should start a topic

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 23:50
You can take out your memory stick, when you first start GTA and it will say something about not having a memory stick blah blah blah then when you start the game skip the intro and load your save file :D

Camaro258
June 15th, 2006, 01:02
Ive officially decided the Eloaders are crap, after trying 3 version, and having every single one fail. Fanjita or what ever sux ass

Shilo
June 15th, 2006, 04:50
Ive officially decided the Eloaders are crap, after trying 3 version, and having every single one fail. Fanjita or what ever sux ass

Fanjita and Ditlew do not suck ass :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!! They are some of the best coders in the PSP world. If it wasn't for them, millions of people could not play PSP homebrew. I would like to help you, but people who talk like that, don't deserve help.

lale05
June 22nd, 2006, 12:40

You just don't want to think and to find your mistake. Possibly, you have 2.7x firmaware on your psp, you're tryin to run kernel mode apps(ISO loaders?), you ve got new GTA with exploit patch.

Else, IT WORKS!

roaddogg2k2
August 18th, 2006, 02:02
I had the same problem as Camaro258 but i kept searching around till i found the "newest?" version of the eloader. I think i remember reading that it was an edited version of the 0.97. Anyways, about the savegame thing. The easiest way to do it is to have a freshly formatted memory card if possible. Then play a quick game of GTA, save as soon as you can, then, copy the data from the savegame folder on your psp to your computer as a backup. Now, reinstall the eloader, and then move the orignal savegame back to the psp, if done correctly, your will load up directly into the game, not the eLoader

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 23:14
omfg eloaders i dont like but they helped me downgrade my psp!!! take that back fantija is the best!!!

sedkiller
September 9th, 2006, 03:27
Use The New Eloader 0.9.8 !!! No Gta Needed !!!

mnuhaily22
September 17th, 2006, 08:21
why is thais still on the top, the new one came out 0.9.8 which dosn't even require GTA