PDA

View Full Version : American PSP's

gedthered
February 21st, 2006, 17:01
I work in America and bought my PSP here, I was back in England for a week and saw Championship Manager, and bought it, not realising that the PSP is regionalised.

Is there anyway of making the PSP multi-region, or of having the game made compatible for the American PSP???

Any help would be much appreicated. :)

yaustar
February 21st, 2006, 19:03
Games do not have region protection
Only UMD movies are region protected

.:PSP1.0:.
February 22nd, 2006, 08:33
^^Thats right^^
Also you might need to upgrade your firmware if it is too low for the game.. ie. Your PSP might be v1.5, v1.51 or v1.52 firmware and the game might need v2.0 firmware on your PSP to run it..

gedthered
February 22nd, 2006, 15:53
My PSP is version 1.52, so that may be the problem. I bought the Office for it, and that works no problem. So if I update to 2.0 it should work?

Thanks for the advice. I am not techy minded at all, so that has really helped. :D

Cap'n 1time
February 22nd, 2006, 15:56
My PSP is version 1.52, so that may be the problem. I bought the Office for it, and that works no problem. So if I update to 2.0 it should work?

Thanks for the advice. I am not techy minded at all, so that has really helped. :D

most likely that will do it. Also be sure to check out your ability to run homebrew and emulators on the psp in our other fine sections. :)

.:PSP1.0:.
February 25th, 2006, 08:54

If your a bit squrmish on upgrading to v2.0 firmware don't worry as your always able to downgrade to v1.5 firmware again.. :) just not to v 1.52 but who wants that firmware anyway? :rolleyes: