PDA

View Full Version : New Fenix Games?

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 20:08
I noticed on GP32 Spain aweek or two ago that Chui had ported some more Fenix games over, anyone have anyidea if they are ported to Dreamcast?

curt_grymala
May 19th, 2004, 14:08
Don't have a clue. I would really like to see the Fenix releases become compatible with NTSC. The one release we have so far looks like it has some fantastic things included, but I can't mess around with it, because I don't have a PAL DC.

Just thought of something - would a boot disk be able to make it work on NTSC?

wraggster
May 19th, 2004, 18:17
maybe you never know.

wasnt there a util that changed ntsc into pal?

DCDayDreamer
May 19th, 2004, 18:45
I'm sure Chui will port them over to the DC, you got a link to the page mentioning the new games Wraggs?

BlackAura made a util to convert NTSC to PAL, but not the other way round (would be great if it did).

wraggster
May 19th, 2004, 19:16
surely it wouldnt be too hard to go the other way?

reverse the process

DCDayDreamer
May 19th, 2004, 22:04
I've tried it even though the readme says:

It won't (yet) work with apps that use the 320x240 screen mode, and it won't affect VGA boxes.

needless to say it didn't work.

Christuserloeser
May 21st, 2004, 00:40
A boot disc could help out to fix the problem. I have a 'multinorm' DC (JP/US/EU) that has a little switch added to its back so I can choose between both video modes without the need of a boot disc.

You know Sega Rally 2 for example is a really great game but horrible slow over here. It runs almost 20 percent slower (as it is PAL 50Hz, the majority of games released over here are slower than their NTSC 60Hz versions, except most DC and all Nintendo releases) but you could use a boot disc to play it at full speed and this should work with any boot disc available.

Good luck trying it out.

curt_grymala
May 21st, 2004, 02:02
I might try that this weekend.

When you say "this should work with any boot disc available", are you including DCHakker (or possibly the CDX demo from Boob!) in that? I don't have any boot discs, so I would need to get one of the homebrew ones and burn it.

Christuserloeser
May 22nd, 2004, 03:02
It should work with any boot disc that allow you to play PAL and NTSC-J games...

Christuserloeser
May 26th, 2004, 16:53
@Wraggster: As I understood this Fenix stuff, it's an interpreter for all FENIX related! One should be able to get it all working! Please correct me if I am wrong...

wraggster
May 26th, 2004, 18:15
yeah thats correct, makes you wonder if the gp32 releases from the other week would work.

Christuserloeser
May 26th, 2004, 19:43
do you have a link, maybe someone'd like to check them out

wraggster
May 26th, 2004, 21:10
http://www.gp32x.com posted news of them also http://www.gp32spain.com did too