PDA

View Full Version : StaxRip x0.9.3.2 with PMP Mod Support

wraggster
February 22nd, 2006, 01:58
Stax (http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/), has released a new version of his program now featuring support for PMP format for PlayStation Portable!

StaxRip can easily convert any video (DVD, avi, mpeg) into a fullscreen PMP video.

Heres whats new/featured:

- Download StaxRip and don't think worry about anything else: the program will automatically download and install other required programs if missing!!
- Now has improved and PSP tuned automatic smart cropping to have fullscreen 480x272 videos with correct aspect ratio!
- You can chose to encode videos in Xvid or DivX
- You can convert video and have an exact target file size (2 pass mode, or n-pass for divx), and have an estimation of what percentage in quality you get with that size
- You can convert video in constant quality mode
- Accept virtually any digital video source
- Complete and clear help
- Uses the powerful AviSynth, to have speed, great video quality, and support many video processing filters
- It's FREE and opensource!!

Download via comments

Illegal Machine
February 22nd, 2006, 08:03
Most impressive

TheEmulatorGuy
February 22nd, 2006, 09:16
URGH.

I wish this PMP project would just STOP. It is not playing AVI files. If we had to convert our movies, we'd just convert it to MP4. It is a STUPID idea. More work should be put to AVI files. I'm sure this is an amazing project, with a lot of hard work to it, but it is a STUPID IDEA. STOP WORKING ON IT.

I had to get that off my head. I'm sure you all disagree, and you'll have your reasons. But think about. PMP = pointless.

Koga
February 22nd, 2006, 10:31
If you knew anything about resolution, you'd know that the pmp format is allowing a much higher res/smaller file size than PSP's accepted mp4 format supports.

Please refrain from posting uneducated comments, kthxgoal.

Voltron
February 22nd, 2006, 13:54
The pmp format is allowing a much higher res/smaller file size than PSP's accepted mp4 format supports.

I've been wanting to try this for a while. How is the video quality? I like the look of AVC videos on the PSP. How does this compare to AVC? AVC also has signifcant smaller file size. I know that AVC does not use full resolution however. Any thoughts and comparisons would be helpful. Thanks!

Insane1
February 22nd, 2006, 15:14
URGH.

I wish this PMP project would just STOP. It is not playing AVI files. If we had to convert our movies, we'd just convert it to MP4. It is a STUPID idea. More work should be put to AVI files. I'm sure this is an amazing project, with a lot of hard work to it, but it is a STUPID IDEA. STOP WORKING ON IT.

I had to get that off my head. I'm sure you all disagree, and you'll have your reasons. But think about. PMP = pointless.
Then why not shut up about how pointless you think PMP is, and work on something YOURSELF. These people are making this stuff for FREE, and you decide to say comments like how stupid it is and how they should stop working on it!? How dumb are people getting!?

Shut up. Stop complaning. Be happy with what the hell you get. Because you could get N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I've been wanting to try this for a while. How is the video quality? I like the look of AVC videos on the PSP. How does this compare to AVC? AVC also has signifcant smaller file size. I know that AVC does not use full resolution however. Any thoughts and comparisons would be helpful. Thanks!
Well I think it only works on 1.50 at the current moment, But personally I like the quality alot better than AVC. Mainly because of the better resolution.

darkness angel 777
October 17th, 2007, 19:11
thanks It was very helpful and it's compatable with

darkness angel 777
October 17th, 2007, 19:12
Can it convert .flv?