PDA

View Full Version : homebrew problems with 5.00 M33 and M33-6

GAMEfreak88
March 28th, 2009, 17:09
hey guys. ive got a psp1k ( fat) bought from the uk, Ive owned it for over a year now, and am fairly competent in flashing, upgrading, downgrading etc.

I have had no problems with custom firmware before this, until I upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 through the m33 network upgrade function.

Now I notice that certain homebrew types no longer work. Its hard to explain. basically I get the corrupted data message and icon, as if the psp isnt on a CFW, even when it is. So I thought, maybe there was a problem with the upgrade, and used Hellcat's recovery flasher ( homebrew types that are designed for CFW 5+ seem to work perfect) to downgrade to 5.00 M33-0.

the problem however still persists, only now, Ive noticed that I can no longer install LEDA or the 1.5 Kernel.

affected homebrew includes: GPSP, GPSP Kai ( latest releases of both and all previous versions), LEDA installer, and others. I notice that some of these versions are 1.5 homebrew, and Ive tried using GAME150 etc, and the 1.5 kernel through the recovery menu, so i'm stumped.

I remember hearing about homebrew being sensitive to 4GB Memory sticks. ( homebrew installed within the first 2GB works, and the last 2GB do not), has this affected anyone else? could it be the problem. This is a genuinge MS Pro duo 4GB ( MagicGate Sony) I bought over the counter in a well known retail chain here so i'm positive it isnt fake, and blackspeed v2 reports it as genuine. help please :(

GAMEfreak88
March 28th, 2009, 17:12
I thought id seperate this from first post since its already a bit long winded, but I noticed that the homebrew that would not even appear on the menu would appear if I make a folder with the same name and a % at end ( like Kexploited Homebrew) with a copy of the related eboot inside, however I get the generic game could not be started code then.

8002014C - Ran kxploited homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware. ( after downgrade and the folder% trick)

80020148 - Unsupported PRX type ( before downgrade to 5.00 M33-0)

trecool999
March 29th, 2009, 11:58
It seems to be locked to your system in one way or another :S.
Try making a Pandora, backinp up the important information in your flash and on your Mem stick, and then formatting your flash0 and reinstalling with Pandora.
Not really a way I would recommend but if you're upgraded, downgraded, etc. it seems to me like the only way.

mike_jmg
March 30th, 2009, 05:15
Nahh trecool999 you're going too far

Usually the simplest solution is the best, I think you forgot to install the 1.50 kernel addon for 5.00M33. 1.50 Homebrew doesn't work without it