PDA

View Full Version : Some good back up/safe tools/recovery kit

freestile
March 28th, 2009, 18:40
Hey everybody. Whats up??

I'm fairly new here. Been into gaming all my life. I have tons of the older systems and tons of classic/rare games. Lately I been messing with my psp alot and its great. I use the internet radio feature alot. Gotta love those shoutcast stations.

I have a question. I've had my psp for a while which is a fat and it already had came with cfw 3.71 m33-4I dont know how it was put on there. Whether it was with a pandoras battery or not, I'm not sure. Anyway I've tried a few emulators and some homebrew and have had no problems. From 3.71 m33-4 I updated to 4.01 m33-4 and still have had no problems.

Just a few days ago I went up to 5.00 m33-6 and was having a problem with some brew, but once I added the 150kaddon for 5.00 everythings been fine. I just d/l the cxmb plugin for 5.00 and it seems to have worked fine for the ctf I tried.

Now onto my question. I'm looking for something incase I ever do happen to brick my psp. Just wondering what the best solutions/progs/products I should look into?? I been hearing about that hellcats recovery one so that might be something I should look into. I just want to know of a few more as well I should look for.

I've seen a few links to some pandora batterys for cheap. Should I get one of these sets too?? Basically I wanna be prepared incase anything bad does happen, so I can do a safe recovery. I only have one psp so I cant do anything with another one, and I dont know much people around here with other psps. Any help or suggestions on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Freestile

Qmark
March 28th, 2009, 20:09
I've seen a few links to some pandora batterys for cheap. Should I get one of these sets too??A PSP-1000 can be used to create a Pandora Battery from a normal Sony battery. If the PSP still has its original 1800mAh battery, it's a good excuse to buy a new high-capacity battery and pandorize the old one.

The good news is that custom firmware has gotten to the point that bricking a psp involves an act of stupidity.
Don't run any strange apps, and you should be fine.

Most of the time, when something messes up, the recovery console can be used to, uh, recover the system:
http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.php/Recovery_Menu

freestile
March 29th, 2009, 04:14
CoOl Man. Thanks for the advice. I'm prepared to do whatever. I dont know how to do a pandora battery, but if its not that hard, I'll get a new battery and give it a go. What would be a good new high-capacity battery to get?? I think I should be fine though. With a little light on the recovery menu everything seems fine. I dont mind spending a little money on buy anything that would help too. Of course I can try to make the old into a pandora, although I'm not sure if it already is since this psp came with cfw already on it, I'm assuming the battery was already pandorized correct?? I'm not too sure. Either way thanks man. If theres any other suggestions keep em coming.

*OnE*

Qmark
March 29th, 2009, 06:11
What would be a good new high-capacity battery to get??Make sure the box or other packaging explicitly states that the battery is compatible with PSP-1000.

I'm assuming the battery was already pandorized correct??
Turn off the PSP.
Remove batery.
Wait about 30 seconds.
Reinsert battery.

If the PSP turns itself on as soon as the battery is inserted, it's very likely a pandora battery already.
More than likely, however, that PSP was originally a very low firmware that had another attack vector open for installing CFW.

freestile
March 29th, 2009, 06:51
Thanks guys for the replies. I really aint worried about spending any money so I might just buy a battery already pandorized. Soo many different options. I think if I dont run any strange apps and just use common sense and read on everything before I hand, I should be fine and not be bricking anytime soon. I just wanna be super prepared. Thats all. I might just buy a pandora instead of going through the hassle of pandorizing this one, in case it already isnt. I dont know what the ofw was, but on the umd under game theres a little icon that says update to ver 2.60 so I'm assumming that could be it?? Of course when I got it under the system settings it always said 3.71 m33-4, but theres that little icon under game that still says update to 2.60. So I dont know if it was pandorized from that ofw to install cfw or what. I'm gonna try this thing with the battery to see if its already a pandora. Thanks a bunch fam.