PDA

View Full Version : Yabause 0.9.8 DC question...

MrTeressaBond
March 28th, 2009, 20:16
it has been awhile for me checking around here, but i came around seeing good old yabause, and knowing of the dreamcast port ages ago that i havent rried yet.

now, im seeing this new port of version 0.9.8 which is like just before 0.9.9, would we be expectign a port of this version? :D

anyways my main reason why i am postig here is because i was wondering if anyone can tell me what this port of yabause 0.9.8 dc is like?

AND, how do i get to burn it onto disc? it has been a couple of years sicne i stopped doing them. i would really appreciate it.

thanks.

BlueCrab
March 29th, 2009, 00:43
There is a Dreamcast binary of 0.9.9, but for whatever reason, it isn't on the downloads page on yabause.org . It is however on the sourceforge download page for the project, and can be downloaded from this link (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/yabause/yabause-0.9.9-dc.tar.bz2).

As for what its like, its slow, and don't expect it to run anything at any playable speed (and yes, I'm allowed to say this as the person who ported it). As for how to burn it, I probably couldn't tell you how to do it on Windows, as I haven't used it regularly in a few years...

MrTeressaBond
March 29th, 2009, 03:29
oh i see, i will definately follow the link, however what would be the primary reason for it being slow? would we expect a faster FPS in the near future? maybe in version 1.0.0? :D

BlueCrab
March 29th, 2009, 05:07
The Saturn is an extremely complex machine, and PC Saturn emulators have taken a long time to run at full speed. Put simply, Yabause doesn't even run full speed on my laptop in many cases.

I wouldn't count on it being faster for a very long time, if ever. Sorry to say it, but I barely ever have time to work on Yabause.