PDA

View Full Version : PSP Version "3.0 firmware" pics are somewhat credible

wraggster
February 22nd, 2006, 17:29
Im sure you have noticed on other PSP sites some pics of the v3.0 firmware and i didnt want to post speculation or wrong information so i held back, but our friends over at PSP Vault posted this news/reaction:

<blockquote> I searched for some news to post tonight, but came up empty-handed. So instead I spent a few minutes investigating these supposed "firmware 3.0" images that have been floating around since the weekend. I'm obviously not a fan of posting baseless rumors on the front page, so I've been holding off mentioning it.

That picture didn't come from a source inside Sony; in fact, it came this article over at Nikkei BP. The article is talking about Sony's demonstration of a PSP DLNA client that took place at CES this year. If you think Nikkei BP would Photoshop pictures, well, I'd say you're wrong. The demonstration clearly took place at this year's CES.

DLNA... sound familiar? It should. The "Digital Living Network Alliance" wants to establish standards for interoperability between consumer electronics devices inside the home. We've addressed the PSP's DLNA client once in the past. During the demonstration, the Sony representative (apparently) stated that though the DLNA client was running from a UMD, it would be possible to include it in a firmware update. This is back in January. If you read that older article, Fuuko Papa (a Japanese PSP blogger) also predicted that firmware 3.0 would contain a DLNA client.

Are you putting together the pieces of the puzzle now? Pictures pop up on the internet of "firmware 3.0," and they just happen to match pictures that showed up in January of a PSP that was running a DLNA client (which Sony specifically stated could be in a future firmware update)? Coincidence?

Maybe.

There's a part of me that wants to believe (in fact, a DLNA client in a firmware update is one of my predictions for 2006), but there's also a part of me that says someone good with Photoshop manipulated a soon-forgotten image of upcoming PSP features and just stuck a "firmware 3.0" label on it. Either way, they may turn out to be right. Here are the two parts combined:

By the way, for those of you wondering what "BS" and "CS" are in those pics, they're two types of broadcast in Japan. BS is for Broadcasting Satellite, and CS is for Communication Satellite. The fact that these are two options on XMB is interesting, to say the least.</blockquote>

Check out the full article over at PSP Vault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article489.psp), ive also posted the screens via the comments:

CoderX
February 22nd, 2006, 18:46
Well if the pics are out there is probly a copy floting around

And i recomend we search like heck to find it.

Becouse i ask my self why isnt 3.0 out yet.
Obvious Ancer - it is vunerable to the gta savegame exploite

Nono-O
February 22nd, 2006, 20:12
firmware 3.0 is F***
please updatet not to 3.0 when came out =(

Voltron
February 22nd, 2006, 20:33
Well, hopefully Fanjita & Ditlew's eLoader (http://www.fanjita.org) will stand the test of time and work with higher firmwares than 2.60. Its incredible how much is working on 2.60 now with the newest eLoader "brown ale".

The fact will always remain though, if homebrew is your primary use for the PSP, stay with the lowest version of firmware possible. I was one of the suckers that upgraded to the 1.51 & 1.52 updates when they came out not knowing much about the homebrew scene. I learned and once 2.0 released it was possible to revert back to 1.5 - (Thank you MPH Downgrader)

CoderX
February 23rd, 2006, 12:11
Im looking at it.

This isnt 3.0

It is an older FW that has an added option.
Some thing custom for sony workers, to use.

There is no web browser

And that isnt how sony would orgonize the networks