PDA

View Full Version : Marvel vs. Capcom

hemsjones
February 22nd, 2006, 20:24
with all these new emulators is it now possible to play marvel vs. capcom maybe for one of the arcade emulators?

10shu
February 22nd, 2006, 21:31
there is no CPS2 emulator on the psp for now...
and it will probably take a lot of tweaking to run Marvel vs Capcom it s probably bigger than 32mo.

Napalm-Death
February 24th, 2006, 04:57
MvC is ~20MB but the psp's hardware would barely be able to support it.

Kaiser
February 24th, 2006, 22:44
MVC came out for the PSOne am I right?

If so just wait until pacmanfan gets his emulator up and running, MVC is not beyond the PSP's capabilities.

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 07:11

If so just wait until pacmanfan gets his emulator up and running, MVC is not beyond the PSP's capabilities.

True, but I doubt the PSP can handle original Playstation emulation at acceptable speeds.

Kaiser
February 25th, 2006, 19:35
True, but I doubt the PSP can handle original Playstation emulation at acceptable speeds.

I disagree, PSOne could be emulated with ease. If people like PSmonkey think an N64 emulator could run at a decent speed on the PSP then there is no reason a PSOne emulator couldn't be made to run well.

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 21:03
What I'm saying is that I doubt the PSP can FULLY emulate at acceptable speeds. Sure, the author can utilize speed hacks for specific games and maybe utilize HLE(high level emulation) so hopefully only the most important parts of a game are emulated.

This route, however, breaks compatability with a lot of games and therefore means each game requires specific coding paths to operate properly. Ultimately, only the most "popular" games will have full support(Chrono Cross, FF7,8,9, etc.).

But what if a less popular game is desired for play and it doesn't run properly if, at all? We'd have to whine to the author for support.

Napalm-Death
February 25th, 2006, 23:45

The toned down version of MvC1 came out for the PS1, it was called Marvel vs Capcom Ex. It had less frames than the arcade version..so I think that says enough. :p

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 23:56
The toned down version of MvC1 came out for the PS1, it was called Marvel vs Capcom Ex. It had less frames than the arcade version..so I think that says enough. :p

Just because the PS1 version has fewer "frames", as you put it, doesn't mean that the PSP can properly handle it.

ryan2006
February 26th, 2006, 00:36
kaiser have you heard from pacman fan recently? i want 2 know how long from a non alpha release we are

Napalm-Death
February 26th, 2006, 04:26
Just because the PS1 version has fewer "frames", as you put it, doesn't mean that the PSP can properly handle it.
Read that as this then, "The PS1 couldn't run the arcade graphics". That make it any better?

Kaiser
February 26th, 2006, 06:39
kaiser have you heard from pacman fan recently? i want 2 know how long from a non alpha release we are

The official PSPSOne emulator website
http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html

Its where pacmanfan said he'd be posting all his updates. No new updates have come in a while though. But he seems dedicated to the project so don't think he gave it up or anything. We'll see in the coming months I suppose. He wants to do more then make PSOne games playable he wants to get it as close to perfect as he can.

masta_g_86
February 26th, 2006, 09:14
...If you really want PS1 emulation on the go, then get a GP2X. It's already got a functional PS1 emulator.

-OR-

If you've got A LOT of money to spare, get a laptop. Computers are the undisputed kings of emulation...

Cloud_35
April 17th, 2006, 23:36
There are some games that the PSP maybe won't run. For example Final Fantasy VIII and IX, Parasite EVE 2, Vagrant Story, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 3, etc.

Though, I think it's completelt possible to run MVC on psp...