PDA

View Full Version : New loader & UAE

Hungry Horace
February 23rd, 2006, 22:55
hi guys,

just wanted to say a *massive* thank you to all the guys involved on the loader, the emulators and everything else that you've done. i've only just bought my PSP and it came pre-installed with 2.5, and i was worried that homebrew might not have caught up yet .... how wrong i was! :D

i was just wondering, since i left UAE on my memory-card (even though it didnt work) i've noticed that the latest GTA loader has changed the funtionality of the program from "corrupt gfx" up to "black screen" - am i right to think therefore its' just a case of waiting for an eventual update which makes it work, or is something that may need fixing in UAE itself? :confused:

i guess it's gonna be a while before i get amiga emu on my psp.... but i think i can get by with just speccy emulation for now!

thanks again for all your hard work, i'm not surprised you guys stay pretty quiet!

nexus68
February 24th, 2006, 11:03
Perhaps but for UAE the emu has not been updated for 4 month and it's not 100% playable on psp. You tested Castaway the Atari ST emu? Ha Ha the war between amiga & atari, you remember. :D

Hungry Horace
February 24th, 2006, 13:47
remember it?! i still live it every day!! hahaha ;)

i figured the lack of uae updates might be problem.... but then again, the Speccy emulator hasnt been updated either (and although it *is* usable - it really needs a few little tweeks) - doesnt stop me using it every day though.

i can but hope some brave soul who loves the amiga and their PSP decides to create a new version or something if the current version isnt that good. I could be in for a long wait!

wierd thing is the eLoader says its UAE v0.2.... can only assume that v 0.41 just doesnt update the version number.

there might be a few games that arent unbareable on the Atari... but i'm not convinced - :cool: - cheers for the heads up anyway despite the Atari recommendation!

benn
February 24th, 2006, 14:59
hi guys,

just wanted to say a *massive* thank you to all the guys involved on the loader, the emulators and everything else that you've done. i've only just bought my PSP and it came pre-installed with 2.5, and i was worried that homebrew might not have caught up yet .... how wrong i was! :D

i was just wondering, since i left UAE on my memory-card (even though it didnt work) i've noticed that the latest GTA loader has changed the funtionality of the program from "corrupt gfx" up to "black screen" - am i right to think therefore its' just a case of waiting for an eventual update which makes it work, or is something that may need fixing in UAE itself? :confused:

i guess it's gonna be a while before i get amiga emu on my psp.... but i think i can get by with just speccy emulation for now!

thanks again for all your hard work, i'm not surprised you guys stay pretty quiet!

bitch of hindsight huh? without buying your psp in the 1st place you would never have discovered the joy of homebrew etc. having got the psp you now wish you had an earlier version. lol.
the amiga emu is pretty solid for sound and playability. games i used to play loads on it: IK+, Creatures, Barbarian, Blood Money, Last Ninja, etc.
my main problem was the impossibility of diagnal directions using a dpad. IK+ blistered your thumb within an hour! i have the speccy emu but have not played it. for me, my heyday was my c64. i have loads of that on my psp.

i have to say that when you boot up the emus and see that multicoloured flickering screen (that would surely be illegal now) you go all warm and gooey inside. who remembers that horrible noise when the cassette stops and you realise the game has not loaded :eek:

Hungry Horace
February 24th, 2006, 17:22
dont tell me that the amiga emulator is good! i wanted it to be terrible, so i didnt feel like i was missing out!!

being a speccy man my major fear was always.... "R Tape Load Error"

which c64 emu btw? i have been trying to get one to work (c64psp 0.3) and can get the blue screen jobbie up, but no disk images (d64's?) to load.... dont really know about c64s so i've no idea what i'm doing! :rolleyes:

benn
February 24th, 2006, 18:44
erm. vice i think was the last one i used. i think - it was about 3 weeks ago.

nexus68
February 24th, 2006, 21:53
bitch of hindsight huh? without buying your psp in the 1st place you would never have discovered the joy of homebrew etc. having got the psp you now wish you had an earlier version. lol.
the amiga emu is pretty solid for sound and playability. games i used to play loads on it: IK+, Creatures, Barbarian, Blood Money, Last Ninja, etc.

Battle squadron, agony, killing game show, Gods ... are not very playable. But i can play Alien Breed 1 et 2 with skipframe at 3 :D
It's a good emu, but with fullscreen and speed improvement i would be to paradise.

Hungry Horace
February 24th, 2006, 23:36
a few amiga bods i was talking to seemed to reckon trying to put UAE onto the PSP was a silly idea anyway, arguing that the emulation was just *too* accurate. i began to wonder whether anyone has considered doing a psp port of "Fellow" ? :confused: this was being thrown around as the likely candidate for what "could be the best emu on psp".... :D

personally i'd take any amiga emulator i can get! although i have faith in the people who program all this stuff... they seem to be pretty on the ball - just a shame theres so many SNES emuators and less of everything else.... :rolleyes:

Hungry Horace
March 6th, 2006, 20:36
ok... somewhat strangely i can begin to get UAE to load on 2.5 firmware... its crashing just after the on-screen LEDs come up... so i was wondering if it was my kickstart rom?

could someone who has UAE working on 1.5 fw tell me which version of the kickstart they are using, and how large it is?

i would guess it would be v1.3 and 256kb, as that was the Amiga500 standard... but one of the packages i downloaded already had the file in it (naughty!!) , and that was 512kb... (which would suggest a later version of the kickstart) but worked even less than the one i tried.

it's probably fruitless me trying to get it running, but its good to have a go! (dont think much can need doing since i am seeing the LEDs on-screen now... perhaps the next eloader update will sort it)

benn
March 7th, 2006, 09:44
i am not running UAE any more but from memory am certain the kickstart was 512kb

Hungry Horace
March 9th, 2006, 23:15
i am not running UAE any more but from memory am certain the kickstart was 512kb

nope... it wasnt ;) i have got pspUAE working now on 2.5 fw, thanks to this link: http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=40521 and i can catagorically state that the 1.3 kickstart i'm using is only 256kb

I'm surprised the verison in this link isnt on this forum anywhere, or featured on the main page. Especially since it works on all fw's now and supports savestates.

Happy days for me... SWOS sodding rules!