PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade 2.01 to 2.0

BluDie
February 25th, 2006, 03:24
I found this somewhere and i was wondering if it works...

******************PSP 2.01 Downgrader******************

Yes, this is my PSP (Playstation Portable Version 2.01 Downgrader.

This downgrader works for changing versions from 2.01 to 2.00.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-STEPS-

1) Plug your PSP into your computer via USB Cord and hit "USB Connection" on your PSP.

4) Right click and extract to X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Create update if you have to.

Note: On Step 4, You will have to create a folder named update.

Note: On Step 4, X is the Removable Disk Drive

5) Now Switch memory sticks and go to network update on your PSP, and download the 2.6

update.

6) Launch the 2.6 Update under the GAME tab on the PSP, and after the PSP slide that comes

up, put it in sleep mode.

7) While the PSP is in sleep mode, Switch memory sticks to the one that has the 2.00

download on it and download and install 2.0

HAPPY HOMEBREWING!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements...

- Wireless HotSpot

- PSP

- Computer

- USB Cord

...here is the link from the site i found it on...

~Link Removed as its unsafe~ Kaiser

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME CAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO BE RUNNING 1.5!!!

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 03:39
I've got a 1.5 PSP and it refuses to go to sleep mode after the PSP slash screen is displayed.

Seems like a cruel joke to me that is being used to trick people into upgrading to 2.6.

Try turning on your PSP with no UMD disc loaded in, then put one in and run it. When the PSP slash screen plays, try to put it sleep mode (after the music plays, but before the screen fades)

If it goes to sleep, then it MAY work. If not, it's just a joke.

If your PSP DOES go to sleep, then wait for someone else to actually try this little "hack".(hey, better them than you, right?)

Try this out and please report back!

BluDie
February 25th, 2006, 03:50
K, it will goto sleep after the slash screen fades but before the first game visuals boot...so what does that mean?

Alexios I Komnenos
February 25th, 2006, 05:18
It means its a fake downgrader.

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 07:06
K, it will goto sleep after the slash screen fades but before the first game visuals boot...so what does that mean?

It means that there is, indeed, a bug introduced in 2.01, and the "hack" MIGHT work.

However, I personally would not try using it myself as "upgrading" to 2.60 is to my disadvantage.

Just wait until someone(hopefully) verifies this claim.

mike2355
February 25th, 2006, 22:29
ITS WORKS!!!! just make sure you follow it step by step i almost was stuck with a 2.6 until i reread the instructions(didnt bother me much since i have 1 psp at 1.5 and then other a 2.01.... if you decide on downgrading it and are having problems just post it on here and ill help you... thanx to BLUDIE for posting this now i can have 2 1.5 psps all i have to do is downgrade me new 2.0 and then i can just sell my other psp to buy some accessories for this one :))))))))))))))))

BluDie
February 25th, 2006, 23:20
So just follow the steps and it should be gravy?

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 23:50
ITS WORKS!!!! just make sure you follow it step by step i almost was stuck with a 2.6 until i reread the instructions(didnt bother me much since i have 1 psp at 1.5 and then other a 2.01.... if you decide on downgrading it and are having problems just post it on here and ill help you... thanx to BLUDIE for posting this now i can have 2 1.5 psps all i have to do is downgrade me new 2.0 and then i can just sell my other psp to buy some accessories for this one :))))))))))))))))

I'd feel a little more secure about this if there was some kind of verification from senior forum users...

Either that or a video going step-by-step.

mike2355
February 26th, 2006, 02:40
it says im a newb on this forum cuz i never use this one im usually on pspforums.com or the official psp forums so i know what im doing.... i dont mind if you don't believe me but soon enough this will be all over all the psp news pages since its quite a development.... im glad to be one of the few that were not scared to try it lol if anyone else decides to downgrade to 2.0 i can help you and then i can also help you downgrade to 1.5 so you can do so much more (such as homebrew and some stuff im probly not aloud to say on here, lets just say read this work backwords "s'osi" :)

F34R
February 26th, 2006, 19:42
If it hasnt been verified by a reputable site/mod/admin, etc. then it's not worth risking. Who is this mike2355 ? You say you are on pspforums ? What's your username ? This hasnt been posted over there because you know I, or another mod, would get rid of the post as soon as it was discovered.

mike2355
February 28th, 2006, 02:36
lol guys dont believe me i lied i just want someone else to try it b4 me lol

camel99
March 1st, 2006, 08:23
F34R is right... Btw does anyone know a site that you can download 2.00 firmware for a Japan PSP

D0N
March 1st, 2006, 16:23
go here
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/6

IndianCheese
March 2nd, 2006, 00:24
It is very logical (I came up with the idea first!) but I'm afraid that Sony would not have overlooked that when building 2.01.

jfrancx
March 5th, 2006, 21:31
it does not work...as soon as u start the 2.6 update and right after psp flash u put it to sleep mode and change memory sticks and turn it back on it says
PSP UPDATE 2.00 and under it start if u then click start it says: u alrdy have a higher version of this software and so there is no need to upgrade so it actually double checks before u upgrade :) am i the only one who actually did it lol :confused: :)

mike2355
March 6th, 2006, 01:13
ya probly lol are you pissed that u have a 2.6 now? no i would be thanx for having ballz to try this out and sorry everyone for lieing earlier

NSXR
March 13th, 2006, 19:14
not nice of you mike2335..btw..there ar some missing steps in the instruction..

Elsid
March 13th, 2006, 19:19
this is a repost.

Elsid
March 13th, 2006, 19:19
and the answer is that this is a fake, it bricks your PSP.

Sharkey
March 13th, 2006, 20:39
ya probly lol are you pissed that u have a 2.6 now? no i would be thanx for having ballz to try this out and sorry everyone for lieing earlier

You should be banned, 'tard.
That shit is far from funny.

Kaiser
March 13th, 2006, 21:24
That shit is far from funny.

Agreed, and I think this thread has gone far enough.