PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.1.9 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
February 25th, 2006, 08:05
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has released a new update of his NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP. (Neogeo CD Emulator)

Heres the rough translation for now:

0.1.9 Modification point:

* Error when message is indicated, portion of sprite cash is cleared,
It corrects the bug which the picture has stopped being indicated normally.
* Volume adjustment of sound and the CDDA was added. Because there is no く which reduced processing speed, original volume
Because only a smaller value it can set, when volume is increased, with the menu of sound and
the CDDA After adjusting the balance of volume, please operate the volume button of the PSP.
(Additional menu item: Sound volume and CDDA Volume)
* It tried to be able to allot the controller to also prayer 2.
With additional item " Controler " of the menu please change Player 1/Player 2.
* In order for sleep to operate normally, it corrected. When reopening the CDDA starts from the forefront of tune, but
When the response is considered, because it is the problem which is not avoided, please acknowledge.

* Because processing of sound and the MP3 was rewritten, there is a possibility new trouble occurring.
When there is a problem please communicate.

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

Porkfeed
February 25th, 2006, 09:37
Does this work with the GTA Eloader?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 25th, 2006, 10:52
Not another 1 YAWN !!!!

Voltron
February 25th, 2006, 10:55
Does this work with the GTA Eloader?

I have wondered the same thing, however Zelurkers Neo Geo CD EMU 0.9.1 does not work with the the new eLoader so I will wait until I downgrade to 1.5 to try this one out.

Really impressed with the constant updates. Thanks for your work!

amadeus
February 25th, 2006, 11:11
Works like a charm with the GTA loader on my jap 2.01

man..... this emu is better than a slice fried gold with extra ketchup

Voltron
February 25th, 2006, 11:42
Works like a charm with the GTA loader on my jap 2.01

Great news, I will try it on my 2.00 PSP with both TIFF Loader and GTA Loader.

Well, I have tried this out with both eLoader 0.9 & eLoader brown ale with latest config file using TIFF way to load on a 2.00 PSP.

The EMU boots up, it can boot the bios, load a game, but the games don't display correctly. Its just a pixelated mess. Then when trying to change settings such as CPU speed, screen size, etc it freezes up and shuts down the PSP. I will now try with the GTA Load method to see if I get better results.

I must say I love the GUI of this EMU. The games don't seem to take to long to load either.

**UPDATE**

Ok, I just got this running great on the eLoader using GTA instead of TIFF and I must say I'm impressed. I also have to give another thanks to Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org), Ditlew, and Edison Carter because the eLoader is allowing EMU's such as this and GBA + others to now work on 2.00 PSP's as well as 2.01+...

This just seem slightly slower than Zelurker's 0.9.1 EMU, for instance in Pulstar under heavy action, the FPS slowed down to 51-54 while Zelurkers only drops to 56-58. But I tested Pulstar, Metal Slug, Zintrick, & Viewpoint and this EMU is really growing on me. Can't wait to test more games.

**NOTE**
If you have your MP3's in the MUSIC folder of the PSP, that won't work with this EMU. They will need to be in the neocd.mp3 folder in same folder as zipped ROM. The game will still play but without background music. Also, I love how this EMU emulates he original load screen of the games. Its slower but gives a more overall authentic feeling of playing Neo Geo CD which is Nostalgic.

Great work NJ. Thank you, Thank you!

not here anymore
February 25th, 2006, 18:36
Hey Voltron, by default NJ's emu is set to 222Mhz..
Later,

TSR

amadeus
February 25th, 2006, 18:42
@ voltron
Plus you and turn off the load screens.
Have a browse in the options mate.

I just wish we had a neo geo rom emu now...

Sterist
February 25th, 2006, 19:28
Not another 1 YAWN !!!!

lol thats wut im thinkin

me and everyone i asked have no clue wut "neo geo cd" is... maybe its a europe thing

nexus68
February 25th, 2006, 19:47
There are 2 idiots on this thread, find them. :rolleyes:

Illegal Machine
February 25th, 2006, 20:56
found em

lol "whats a neo geo"

do a goddamn google search!

b8a
February 25th, 2006, 21:13
HA HA HA! No doubt!

It's not so much of a Europe thing as it is a "You have to be older than ten to appreciate it" thing. You guys just showed either your lack of age, or, if for whatever reason you are old enough, your EXTREME ignorance. What are people so ignorant doing poking around on an emulation (which is mostly an esoteric subject anyway) website? (!_!) Please stay out of threads for subjects that you have no interest in!

aries2k4
February 25th, 2006, 23:05
yep, spotted both of them.lol
what´s kind of funny is how some people or person say their not interested in the updates but yet they post at every update.
what really sold me on this emu is the GUI. real sweet!!

Porkfeed
February 25th, 2006, 23:27
Well just tried the 1.5 folder in the zip and it ran Metal Slug almost perfectly!!!

Graphics were spot on, only the speed was a little slow. But I was using a .zip so maybe uncompressed is better yet.

Wow, wow and wow to be playing these games on PSP!!!!

-edit: this is using eloader from the gta save on my 2.6 PSP.

Yeah!

chrisfile
February 26th, 2006, 00:45
Holy crap! This emulator lets you play with either the 1 player controller or the 2 player controller. That means when you play metal slug or any 2 player games and you run out of lives, you can goto the menu and select 2nd player controller and play with new credits using the 2nd player's controller. This way you have double the amount of lives and credits to use while you are playing the game. Thanks alot NJ! Once again this is the best emulator made ever! Now that NJ has made 1 and 2 player controller mode available, I'm sure it won't be long before he implements mulitplayer support! Great job NJ!

Farcicalname
February 26th, 2006, 03:12
This emulator ROCKS!!!!

Dang, I personally think that this (so far) emulates the best.

Better than the snes emulaotr.

Illegal Machine
February 26th, 2006, 06:17
Well just tried the 1.5 folder in the zip and it ran Metal Slug almost perfectly!!!

Graphics were spot on, only the speed was a little slow. But I was using a .zip so maybe uncompressed is better yet.

Wow, wow and wow to be playing these games on PSP!!!!

-edit: this is using eloader from the gta save on my 2.6 PSP.

Yeah!

Hmmm yea it slows down a little bit on some screens.

Try messing around with the settings a little, I bet if you set it just right, it stops slowing.

tryqus
February 26th, 2006, 16:56
Shush! Its funnier if they dont know.

-Tryqus