PDA

View Full Version : Is my Datel Pandora Battery knackered?

Noodle
April 2nd, 2009, 19:32
I have a CFW Slim PSP. I am trying do put CFW on a mates PSP but my Datel battery does not seem to want to put his PSP Slim in service mode. It is the same battery I used for mine. I followed all the tutorials, but it does not turn on when I put it in, even though the unit is plugged in through the mains. Is my battery just dead? Or is it only good for one time?

Seeing as I have a CFW PSP Slim with me already, can I put CFW on my mates regardless? Can I re-pandora the Datel Battery with my CFW PSP? there is some kind of option for that I think in my CFW menu...any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Its a PSP 2001 (American) BTW. Mine is 2003 (EU)

JLF65
April 3rd, 2009, 01:14
If it's a fairly new Slim, it may have the same mobo that's in the 3000, and therefore not hackable. Test this by trying it on your Slim. If it works (a PB works multiple times), then he's got the unhackable PSP.

Noodle
April 3rd, 2009, 10:41
What is a PB? The Battery? The thing that makes me suspect it is the battery at fault is that even on my unit, the Datel Battery doesn't boot my PSP into boot mode; even though it did the time I was putting CFW on it. Could it be the battery?

JLF65
April 4th, 2009, 02:31
PB == peanut butter. ;)

Of course it means the battery! :D

If it won't start your PSP in service mode when it did before, it's broken. Have Datel replace it (hopefully it's still under warranty).

Just make sure you're doing it correctly: unplug the AC; pull out the regular battery; put in the MagicMemStick; put in the PandoraBattery; it should automatically turn on and boot the MMS; once it has, plug in the AC adapter.

If you leave the AC adapter plugged in when swapping the battery for the PB, it won't work because the AC keeps the PSP in normal mode.

EDIT: It occurs to me that perhaps it's not charged. Be sure the PB is fully charged using an external charging stand before using it. If the battery is discharged, there's no way it can work. :)

Noodle
April 4th, 2009, 22:25
Thanks I'll try that. But I don't have an external charging stand...when charging it the first time, I charged it how you would normally charge a PSP battery (with the AC).

JLF65
April 5th, 2009, 07:49
Well, if you turn your PSP on like normal and make sure the AC is plugged in and then change to the PB, it should probably charge up.

Noodle
April 5th, 2009, 13:14
Tried that...there is no battery symbol at the top, never mind a blinking one. That's why I thought it might be knackered...

JLF65
April 6th, 2009, 05:35
Yeah - that doesn't sound good. I tried my own PB - when you pull out the battery, the icon at the top goes away, and when I insert the PB (not a Datel), it comes back... in fact, it shows it's at about half-charge, so I think I'll let it charge.

Noodle
April 6th, 2009, 14:05
Right, I'll order another. Anyone know where I can get one dirt cheap?