PDA

View Full Version : OpenTTD development version with multiplayer support

turulo
February 26th, 2006, 04:30
http://openttd.teamjak.net/screenshots/screenshot-ingame.png

Im glad to announce an available development version which enables wireless play for 1.00 and 1.50 users.

This way you will be able to play against other psp users using same access point or trought internet agains other unix/mac/windows/psp users, enjoy.

Im also hosting two servers "friendly" for psp users, anyway you can also play on any "normal" pc server, but some of them use custom graphics, huge maps or other features not fully supported on PSP. Servers are:

* OpenTTD for PSP players Europe
* OpenTTD for PSP players USA

I have managed to play fine against pc users on a 256x512 map containing 3 companies with 54 trains, 30 planes and 43 road vehicles.

Dont forget to visit http://openttd.teamjak.net to keep updated.

Remember this is a development version, so it could not work as expected, please report any not known issue.

Known issues:

* Access point selection interface is nasty
* Connection lost, isnt tolerated
* Servers window is to big to fit on screen
* It gets disconnected from some high load servers
* Doesnt have keyboard support
* Not tested with dhcp connections
* Some others i should be forgetting

Usage Notes:

* To change your network name, you must edit your openttd.cfg file and change the 'player_name' value
* To play this release using wireless you must start it with network switch enabled, or load with switch disabled to play singleplayer.
* Most of times you should increase cpu speed by pressing "start + R trigger"
* Playing maps bigger than 512x512 isnt recommended
* Poor wireless signal means getting dropped on multiplayer games
* Please report

Download
Please read the README and this noticie before asking about installation or any issue.

Download via comments

Kaiser
February 26th, 2006, 07:00
Awesome! Simply awesome. Downloading now.

Sterist
February 26th, 2006, 07:05
it goes....

connecting...
connecting state 0 of 4
connecting state 2 of 4
connecting state 3 of 4

then it hangs for all the time u can give it. only reason i aint saying "freeze" is because it still lets u hit the home menu (althought cant exit via)

(on my 1.5 psp)

crazy_biker420
February 26th, 2006, 07:59
i get the same thing

turulo
February 26th, 2006, 12:53
Its has not been tested with dhcp connections, as said on the announce, please set an static ip by the moment.

Also for most of the pc servers you will get dropped after connecting and creating company, you must reconnect rejoining on the created company, this is due to the low "join time" configured on most pc servers.

brbpeople
February 26th, 2006, 16:16
i know you need the files below to play the game:
TRG1R.GRF, TRGCR.GRF, TRGHR.GRF, TRGIR.GRF, TRGTR.GRF, SAMPLE.CAT
can someone plz post a link or a place i can download the files b/c i dont have the orginal game :(

i have found a link were you can download the full game that has the files here is the link
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1631
enjoy :D

Sterist
February 26th, 2006, 21:13
please set an static ip by the moment.

huh?

turulo
February 26th, 2006, 21:43
I just wanted to mean, that for playing this release, you must use a configured connection which uses manual configuration instead of automatic. You can chage it on your psp shell "settings menu" (the one at the left) and "manage connections" at the bottom.