PDA

View Full Version : Commander Keen

wraggster
February 26th, 2006, 10:48
McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) has ported Commander Keen to the PSP, heres the details from his blog:

<blockquote>And here it is: the news with a title. For all tried to guess the text in the news below. Try Standard Galactic Alphabet.
The font was taken from Commander Keen. An ID Game from 1990. Read more on Wikipedia or commander-keen.com

You can download it with the first shareware episode. Episode 2 & 3 are also supported but you need the original disks for it.

I began in the beginning of the last semester with porting keen to the psp. I don't know about CloneKeen at this moment. Catalin another Keen addicted guy already made an opensource windows/linux port. So I deleted all my work and just change some lines of code in clonekeen.
It is not 100% finished, some buttons need to be mapped (see the bugs in the readme) but you can play and have fun.</blockquote>

Download and Screenshots via comments:

quigs1337
February 26th, 2006, 15:02
Episode 4 is way cooler :p . I remember playing it back when I was a little kid on my Packard Bell and DOS.

mcmonkey
February 26th, 2006, 19:47
ah how i loved these games as a wee knipper, i dont think i ever played the earlier entries in the series so this will be a pritty fresh experience for me. Thank you so much McZonk for the port! will be looking forward t giving it a try :)

pakkman781
February 26th, 2006, 19:54
Great port! Now we must have Wolfenstein 3D!

Sterist
February 26th, 2006, 21:00
Great port! Now we must have Wolfenstein 3D!

yeah thats been out on the SNES emulator for....... well, ever since the emulator was released lol

anyhow, how do u shoot the raygun on keen? ive tried every botton and no luck

Wally
February 26th, 2006, 22:37
Wolf3d on SNES emulator probably wont work properly as the SNES emulator is not the top emulator. I have tried to port it and kept getting stuck on a library called glob.h. Theoretically Wolf3d Port would use less battery power than emulating a rom

Zephyroth_drgs
February 27th, 2006, 00:29
such a good old timers game

Madonion
February 27th, 2006, 00:33
such a good old timers game

True, great game and thx!

Sterist
February 27th, 2006, 03:32
Wolf3d on SNES emulator probably wont work properly as the SNES emulator is not the top emulator. I have tried to port it and kept getting stuck on a library called glob.h. Theoretically Wolf3d Port would use less battery power than emulating a rom

i played and beat it on the snes emulator. and 9 of every 10 snes emulators (if theres that many of em out there lol) are the smoothest emus that exsist.

Stew2000
February 27th, 2006, 19:20
I havn't played that since i was bout 9 or 10, im 20 now