PDA

View Full Version : Could it be possible, a DS Emulator, for the wii

darkriku2000
April 4th, 2009, 06:38
Let me start by saying that I haven't seen anything about this here yet.

The guys at wii.qj.net recently posted this article featuring a DS Emulator on the Wii:

A new video was posted by linkinworm showing off a DS emulator for the Wii. Well, if there's anything that can successfully emulate a stylus, it'd be the Wiimote. He hasn't released the actual app yet, but here's the vid:

Seeing as how this video was posted so close to April 1, let's just take this with a grain of salt until the actual app is released.

source, and link to video:

http://wii.qj.net/ADS-Beta-0-1-DS-emulator-for-the-Wii/pg/49/aid/129983

gaia darkness
April 4th, 2009, 07:13
the wii has all the right aspects to use the ds there are some games that does in fact play on the wii its self but i really dont see how it could be ported on the psp but then again we never thought the sega saturn could be done either even tho its not the best port but still

darkriku2000
April 5th, 2009, 03:29
the wii has all the right aspects to use the ds there are some games that does in fact play on the wii its self but i really dont see how it could be ported on the psp but then again we never thought the sega saturn could be done either even tho its not the best port but still

Who said anything about the psp? If it got released on the wii, however, that would be great

krazedkat1
April 6th, 2009, 00:47
Let me start by saying that I haven't seen anything about this here yet.

The guys at wii.qj.net recently posted this article featuring a DS Emulator on the Wii:

source, and link to video:

http://wii.qj.net/ADS-Beta-0-1-DS-emulator-for-the-Wii/pg/49/aid/129983

STOP TALKING ABOUT PLAYING ROMS! How'd you like it bitch?

darkriku2000
April 6th, 2009, 02:18
Huh? I'm not talking about roms, I'm talking about emulation, which is legal, and allowed.

now stop holding a grudge because I told you not to talk about isos or "backups"

krazedkat1
April 7th, 2009, 02:02
Emulating DS... Hmmm... That would allow you to play DS BACKUPS! YOU IDIOT! AND an ISO isn't a game so don't say its the equivalent to a backup. An ISO is an image file for a disc!

darkriku2000
April 7th, 2009, 22:46
:rolleyes: I'm kind of getting tired to explain this, yes, and emulator let's you play backups, however, when talking about running an emulator on a different console, it is perfectly fine, you can even ask about compatibility, however you can't actually talk about trying to run backups

You topic, however was in complete violation of the rules however, which state that there is no talking about how to run backups (and yes, an iso is a backup) for the console on the console, if I had asked for help on getting a psp iso to run, then I would have gotten the same response.

Now would you just drop the whole damned thing already.

wolfpack
April 20th, 2009, 09:00
not trying to revive a slightly older thread or anything but honestly, I dont see why it couldnt, the wii SHOULD have the power to run a DS emulator at very playable speeds, but thats just my opinion anyways. The only thing that would concern me is how the controls would work out, I mean yes you could use the wiimote on the Touchscreen part but how you would play some game games (which buttons to press) would be kind of awkward, to me anyways.

As for the argument thats going on, this is an EMULATION FORUM. He has the right to talk about this and ask these kinds of questions, nowhere did he mention anything about roms even though emulators do need to run them. But since this is an emulation forum, and the site freely gives us links to emulators, theres no need to gripe about roms being run because this site supports the emulation ideas. This site is against Piracy and talking about how to get the roms or how to run them, theres nothing in the rules against ideas about how to emulate the system or if its possible.

Now back onto the emulating DS topic, it would be interesting with how the touch screen would be emulated. Like for example, would there be a crosshair implemented so then you know where youre pointing with the wii mote? To me, the ideas are a bit endless with how this could work.

Anyways even though this was a simple yes or no question, I'm just going to say Yes because its a fairly powerful system and the DS is a handheld which looks like the Wii could take full capabilities over if the emulator had the right coders programming it.

Dream Mantis
April 20th, 2009, 12:01
While its great that this may happen I could see a bunch of games being difficult to play due to the control scheme. ie needing to have the "stylus" handy while still being able to press buttons and the loss of the feel of the touch screen. I would also be very surprised if they could keep the wireless capabilities in any form, be it Wii Vs Wii across the net or Wii Vs DS in the same room. However if it does become a reality i am sure many games will still be enjoyable.

ohnoitschris
June 11th, 2009, 07:32
Considering the DS is an upgraded GBA (much like the Wii being an upgraded Gamecube), it's very much so possible considering there's already a very good GBA emulator. The DS has only two processors: an ARM9 and an ARM7; the ARM7 is the very same ARM7 in the GBA. That along with 4MB of memory for the Wii to deal with (on it's pretty buff 64MB) and we're in business.