PDA

View Full Version : Help with custom firmware

crimsonnight
April 6th, 2009, 13:31
Basically I have a psp1000, haven't used it in around a year, and I'm guessing I need to update my custom firmware now so I can play some newer games; but after researching there seem to be so many out there. Apprently Im running 3.51 M33 atm, and I've been happy with it - So could someone please tell me what firmware I should use and how I replace the 3.51 M33 with it - cheers

edjersey
April 7th, 2009, 01:28
Well since you have a PSP-1000, this will be a little easier. You can use 3.80 M33 (usually most compatible with homebrews), or 5.00 M33-6 (lates version). What you should do is:
1: Go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B1WDTNPD
2: Download the .RAR file (made by me for you, thank you very much)
3: Hook up your PSP to the computer, or the memory card.
4: Follow the .RAR file so you know where to put it on your PSP. EX: memstickletler:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR.
5: Run the 3.52 M33 CREATOR. (NOTE: You need at least 80 % battery.)
6: When it's done, run M33 UPDATE.
7: It will ask you to shutdown, so do so.
8: Delete the data.
9: You are now 3.52 M33. Proceed!!

Next:
-------------------------
1: Go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KY3XN89P
2: Download the .RAR file (all made by me for you)
3: Hook up your PSP to a USB cable.
4:Put the last folder in the .RAR file to your GAME150 folder of the PSP folder.
5:Run the application, then delete it.
READY FOR 3.80!!!!

Next:
------------------------------------------------------
1:Go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XD6AVDZL
2:Download it.
3:Hook up PSP to computer.
4: In the .RAR file, go to the UPDATE folder and take the EBOOT and place it it your GAME150 or GAME folder in your PSP.
5: Run the file, then delete it.
NOTE: This is it. If you want 3.80, ignore the rest. if not, keep on going.

Next:
-------------
1: Go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1SR64RVZ
2:Download the .RAR file.
3: Hook up PSP.
4: Copy UPDATE folder to ms:/PSP/GAME/
5: Run.
6:Delete.
YOU HAVE 5.00 M33!! YAY!!!!!!

crimsonnight
April 7th, 2009, 13:14
First off, thank you so much! I really appreciate it, this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Ive got to the point where I've updated to 3.52 M33-3 but I'm having some problems getting it to 3.80. First off if I just copy the EBOOT file it doesnt show up under the 'games' menu, but if I place it in a folder entitled 'UPDATE' then it does... but only if it is within the 'GAME' folder and not the 'GAME150/352' folders. When I start the update though it just says that I need firmware 3.52 M33-3 to run it (which ofc I am now using) and then just restarts the PSP - Help!

*EDIT* I have tried formatting the memory stick as well btw

*EDIT2* I am now running 3.52 M33-4 but still have the same problem T_T

*EDIT3* Changed the kernal mode in the recovery menu, and I'm back on track *thumbs up*

*EDIT4* YOSH! All done, thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it ^^ One question though, is it safe to use the'network update' option from the PSP, and also things like the store etc?

edjersey
April 7th, 2009, 16:38
Hey, your welcome! I am a PSP modder, and I told my friend to try updating it, and it went back to OFW. He was on 5.00 M33 also, so if I were you just don't use it and just download the data off the Internet. He did put it to use the M33 Update instead, but I haven't tried it on mine. To keep it safe, just don't use it. Also, I'm pretty sure the PSN works. Your welcome again! Just ask me if you have anymore problems.
-EDJERSEY

crimsonnight
April 8th, 2009, 12:42
Thanks again!

New problem now though lol - I have a 16GB pro duo, with at least 20 backed-up games on there but only 9 of them are showing up in the Game/Memory Stick menu - I have tried formatting but no luck, but all that happened is a different 9 showed up the second time (must have re-transferred in a different order >.<) what should I do?

pspbeer2
April 8th, 2009, 19:16
Your 16GB pro duo is defective or fake. I had the same problem with my 8 gig from ebay. 8 gig can only store just over 3 gig good data. Music plays fine over 3 gig cause discontinuity in mempry stick does not cause an error like in game files. Disconinuity in game files will make it show an error or not show up at all on psp screen.

Shrygue
April 8th, 2009, 23:01
Please note, don't discuss about the loading of commercial backups as it's considered warez. As for the memory stick problem, if it is an official one, it's probably because of a problem the firmware that controls the memory card reader which Sony needs to address if they haven't done so yet.

crimsonnight
April 9th, 2009, 19:50
Oh sorry I didnt realise.
And you are 100% right, got a refund and he's bene taken off ebay *thumbs up*
Non-fake cards are expensive though lol, guess I'll aim for a 8GB one, unless is there anyway of running whatever of an eternal hard drive/memory stick etc?
Any ideas on what else I can use that fake 16gb card for apart from music... I'm not quite sure how it works with the size of files it runs and stuff? I mean, would it work alright as just a storage device, would it corrupt larger files or anything?
Thanks again!