PDA

View Full Version : Off the scene for a year+... fastest way to downgrade a 3.80 slim?

punkonjunk
April 8th, 2009, 00:52
alright, bear with me here.
I am eager to the 20th power to get started, and a few heads plus mine, or just someone with more know how to direct me quicker than my research would be great.

I've been off the scene for like a year, my prized PSP broke in a freak accident. I finally had some extra cash to get another, and I purchased a slim for cheap, used.
No pirate firmware, my info just says version 3.80, no fun stuff after.
A big disappointment.

I need to get custom firmware on it as soon as possible, so I can start doing the homebrews again - it's been far, FAR too long. I actually bought a GBA and a flashcard while waiting to get another PSP. :)

What is the fastest way I can do this? I have big memory cards and a few extra batteries... somewhere. I'm gonna find those and then F5 the crap outta this thread while vigorously researching.

I do NOT have a pandoras battery, but I remember there being a hardware switch to perminantly craft a pandora's battery.
If someone can give me some info on that I'd really appreciate it.

duhoh
April 8th, 2009, 05:56
sadly to say though, pandora would be your fastest bet

punkonjunk
April 12th, 2009, 17:35
well I created a hardware pandora out of my slim battery, and found a tool to create a really quick magic memory card without a CFW psp, and got the ball rolling really fast. I played SNES games on the power cord.

Things are all set now, got all my old PSP batteries back and ordered a fat back for big batteries, and they're sony officials so they'll last forever. :)

mike_jmg
April 12th, 2009, 19:13
cool