PDA

View Full Version : GC emulation

djannih
February 28th, 2006, 14:42
I've just downloaded some GC emulators to try 'em out. I can't say that any of 'em worked very well. The one that worked the best (Dolphin) could at least get the game started but with horrible FPS and sound emulation. The game I'm trying to run is RE4. Is it too advanced to emulate?

I'm running it on a P4 3.4 Ghz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI X800XT 256MB and Windows XP Home.

I don't know what to expect with hardware like that, but it feels as if it should perform a little better than it has done so far. Regards./ Jonny, Sweden

thaive
March 2nd, 2006, 05:51
GC games are too hard to emulate at the moment - you're never going to get a playable or decent frame rate anytime soon because it is just too processor intensive to emulate - the GC was specially made for play these games, it had the right amount of memory here a and ddr ram there so it runs perfect - pc's aren't equipted enough

bugo
March 18th, 2006, 18:43
I thought it was because of the emulation core... they need to do recompilation process to get a better FPS, gcemu has it, but its buggy yet.

well, im waiting for other new versions... but I really think that F1res got out of gcemulation for the moment with dolphin.

Lets wait for gekko´s emu then.