PDA

View Full Version : My DC project - WIP needing feedback.

RetroRevival
February 28th, 2006, 18:08
A little time has passed and I have had time to contemplate what route I am going to go down, so here, for the first time is a TOTAL WIP of a page from the resource I am creating...

http://www.retrorevival.co.uk/pics/AquaGT.jpg

The final product will be electronic allowing you to print pages off at your leisure. This makes it cheaper for me to produce and cheaper for you to get you hands on, which is better for all of us.

Again to reiterate, this is WIP and is not the final page for this game (I know some of the info is missing!) so any comments or suggestions you may have which could make it better will be greatfully appreciated.

So please, comment away.

Regards
Simon

beetroot bertie
March 1st, 2006, 13:15
I think it's clear and to the point which is good. I think some comparison to Hydro Thunder may be nice since they're probably the most similar (only?) boat racers about. I think there was a poor jet ski game too but I've never played it. VGA compatibility may be worth mentioning and a different type face for the game title may help.

RetroRevival
March 1st, 2006, 19:08
Forgot the VGA compatibility option, cheers.

Regards
Simon

Eric
March 2nd, 2006, 13:36
The page looks pretty good to me. That game was pretty horrible i played it once and never went back. If you want to play a game into comparison yeah Wave Race,Hydro Thunder or even Jet Moto - Jet Moto 2. Those were great games but note i didnt put Jet Moto 3 cause that did suck pretty bad. I tell people maybe its a good game to rent other then that its garbage dont buy it.

Keep up the good work

Eric

SiZiOUS
March 5th, 2006, 19:52
I think it's a beautiful work. I like the layout and the content as well, but the game is a crap (for me).

gavindeadman02
March 11th, 2006, 21:44
Yeah looks great. How long until it'll be up and running? Also what will be the URL?

RetroRevival
March 11th, 2006, 21:47
Going through a complete redesign and working on the website as we speak.

As soon as the templates are sorted out myself, and a few others will be getting to work on filling the content in.

ETA - its hard to say, but expect something within the next few weeks.

Regards
Simon

gavindeadman02
March 13th, 2006, 22:34
How many game pages you done so far then?

RetroRevival
March 13th, 2006, 22:36
Been toying with a website idea over the last few days, and only just getting to the end of the template generation the way i want it.

Will show you all something in the next few days.

Regard
Simon

gavindeadman02
March 13th, 2006, 22:37
Is the site going to be dedicated to Dreamcast only and have a forum?

RetroRevival
March 13th, 2006, 22:47
Initially Dreamcast, but want to eventually cover as many UK released consoles as possible. DC will be the first console covered though.

A forum, ratings for games and a whole heap of other stuff too.

Regards
Simon