PDA

View Full Version : downgrade or wait???

aqua74
March 1st, 2006, 01:58
:) hello newbie here
ive just got my psp with 1.52

i would like to run psp games of my 2gig memory card; but i seem to get lost with all the stuff in the web :confused:

whats safe to run games?

should i downgrade using the step that tells u to go to 2.0 then to 1.5 if so were can i find ALL this steps?...& is this really nessesary & SAFE???

im really confused.. i just dont whant to BRICK my precious!

Kaiser
March 1st, 2006, 05:08
Its safe. I recommend it. Just follow the guide-->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11365

Moving this to PSP Emulation, Homebrew and Help forum this has nothing to do with dreamcast. Please don't double post a thread either.

aqua74
March 1st, 2006, 22:16
:confused:
ok

before i begin i should state that i recently bought 2gig sandisk memory card & before i started this the directory looked like this:
---------------
MSTK_PRO.IND

MEMSTICK.IND

PSP
---------------

Then half way throug procedure i see exra stuff in the psp directory...this is what i got:(P.S. i had to go to the photo folder twice because i did not see no... index.dat.bak...also the second time it gave me three small white bars of #s ..which i had to hold the power botton to restar)

---------------
MSTK_PRO.IND

MEMSTICK.IND

PSP

index.dat

100.bin

index.dat.bak

camarche.dat

---------------

i know that im sopose to have:...index.dat.bak
BUT what abouth the others..shuld i delete them or not? :confused:

Napalm-Death
March 2nd, 2006, 02:42
Keep them until you finish the downgrade.

aqua74
March 2nd, 2006, 20:51

now let see... i have a couple of PSP isos:

Infected
Legend.Of.Heroes.
Metal.Gear.Solid.Acid.2
Spiderman.2.
X-Men.Legends.II.Rise.Of.Apocolypse
Kingdom.Of.Paradise
Lord.of.The.Rings.Tactics.
PoPoLoCrois.
Star.Wars.Battlefront.2

can i play this????
& if so how?

Napalm-Death
March 2nd, 2006, 22:30
Having iso's of games that you don't legally own is illegal man.

.:PSP1.0:.
March 3rd, 2006, 08:11
Having iso's of games that you don't legally own is illegal man.

And also not to be discussed on this forum.. But seriously man your hurting the industry by having illegal ISO's! :mad:

Lodis
March 3rd, 2006, 15:14

now let see... i have a couple of PSP isos:

Infected
Legend.Of.Heroes.
Metal.Gear.Solid.Acid.2
Spiderman.2.
X-Men.Legends.II.Rise.Of.Apocolypse
Kingdom.Of.Paradise
Lord.of.The.Rings.Tactics.
PoPoLoCrois.
Star.Wars.Battlefront.2

can i play this????
& if so how?

Maybe you should try programming a game for months, working over time, meeting deadlines and then releasing your hard work in the hope you can support a family and pay your bills only for it to be pirated by someone exactly like you. Each and every one of those Isos you mention signifies work put in by someone, even the average games. I own 12 UMD's and many of those games, the Isos exist for im sure. I believe in supporting devs when they make a good game. Downgrading to a 1.5 for Piracy is an insult to its capability and potential.

Ottica
March 3rd, 2006, 23:42
I see where you're coming from with that, but also, he's probably just a kid who has a job that doesn't pay very much. The store he'd buy the game from already paid the developers for it, so they're not the ones suffering, the store is. As I was saying, he probably can't afford to spend that kind of money to buy a game, so why not download it? Again, I see where you're coming from, but one person really doesn't make a difference.