PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update Question

cawley1
March 1st, 2006, 20:41
Hi,
Finally get my white PSP tomorrow, my black 1.5 will stay that way for homebrew forever :) now I am update OK, I need to know some stuff.
The white PSP is obviously Jap, and has firmware 2.5 which I plan to update to US 2.6 as soon as possible.

If I swap to a US firmware, will it switch the buttons so X is primary, and O secondary (as on my US 1.5) - if not is there a program I can get to go this?

I am in the UK, so another big advantage is the new PSP will run R2 UMD movies - if I update to a US firmware, does this affect the region coding for the movies?

I am sure some of you know this...
Cheers,
Paul

Napalm-Death
March 1st, 2006, 22:14
I'm not too sure about the R2 or the other stuff, but DON'T UPDATE TO 2.6! There are problems with that firmware, ex: Random Psp freezing/crashing.

Forever~Zero
March 2nd, 2006, 07:10
I'm not too sure about the R2 or the other stuff, but DON'T UPDATE TO 2.6! There are problems with that firmware, ex: Random Psp freezing/crashing.

Doesnt happen on mine.

Napalm-Death
March 2nd, 2006, 22:44
Happens on mines a lot, and some more people that I know.

cawley1
March 2nd, 2006, 23:04
Guys,
While I appreciate the info on 2.6, I still need to know the above for any future updates.
Please let me know...
Cheers,
Paul

IndianCheese
March 3rd, 2006, 02:49
OK, well Fanjita claims that PSPsetX works with eLoader for GTA, but the only function it performs is to switch X/O buttons. Luckily, that's what you want.

benh
April 5th, 2006, 20:10
the psp is reigeon free on games but not on movies