PDA

View Full Version : Proper DS emu cart

Hokusai
March 1st, 2006, 22:07
What do you guys think of the idea of a ds cartridge that doesn't need a passkey and a gba dev cart? Instead it would just need programs and emulators transferred onto it. Then you just pop it into the ds cart slot and play your old favorites. :)

Also how far do you guys think we are from having this technology? :cool:

What's your opinion on this, because I am tired of the risk of flashing your ds firmware and have to use a bulky ds passkey...... :)

kin
March 1st, 2006, 23:12
Well, let me help you on this. Flashing your DS is not risky at all. The only way you can mess it up is if you turn the power off. That's the only way to screw up your ds. Also, once you do that you don't need the superpass. I use my ds with a supercard cf and it works great.

lowride
March 2nd, 2006, 01:19
Im thinking of buying a DS and im new to all this, is it right that once you flash your DS firmware, you dont need to use the passkey (the bit between the DS and DS gamecard?)and you just need a GBA flash cart in the GBA slot only??

thaive
March 2nd, 2006, 05:44
yep thats correct, i only used my passmee once to flash my ds and its been sitting ni a box ever since

lowride
March 2nd, 2006, 23:18
Nice, thanks! So in one flash gba cart you can have all your backedup GBA and NDS games, homebrew and videos.

I'll lose those little cards! Is it possible to play NDS backups on Nintendos Wifi service?

thaive
March 3rd, 2006, 11:10
yes, people have been playing animal crossing and mariokart for a long time - however you must own one original cart with wifi options so you an set up the connection setting i beleive - you cannot do this in a backup

Selfaggressive
May 11th, 2006, 14:19
OK so probably a dumb question, but I got a ds from Ebay second hand and I was wondering is there anyway to check if it's flashed or can I only check with a Supercard thing? Also, if it isn't, where/how do I flash it?

Thanks