PDA

View Full Version : NDS Lite Modding?

kin
March 1st, 2006, 23:14
Hey guys. I am thinking about getting a DS lite when it comes to the U.S. because my bottom screen is pretty much useless now. I was wondering if the use of supercard and such is still available on it. I am also wondering if you can flash it so you don't need a superpass. If it doesn't then I'll definitely buy one. Either way, it'll still be pretty cool.

thaive
March 2nd, 2006, 05:43
Hey, i've seen pictures of the supercard working on a ds lite without the superpass plugged in. (romman did it). The ds lite still has the sl1 which needs to be bridged to flash so i'm pretty sure its very do able - though a superpass2/passme2 would probably be required

kin
March 2nd, 2006, 19:43
Hey, i've seen pictures of the supercard working on a ds lite without the superpass plugged in. (romman did it). The ds lite still has the sl1 which needs to be bridged to flash so i'm pretty sure its very do able - though a superpass2/passme2 would probably be required
Thanks. When you said a superpass2 would be required, you mean for the flashing correct?

thaive
March 3rd, 2006, 11:16
for flashing yes, but also without it you would only be able to run backed up gba and nes and snes games. you need the superpass to boot nds backups

kin
March 7th, 2006, 21:33
for flashing yes, but also without it you would only be able to run backed up gba and nes and snes games. you need the superpass to boot nds backups
I boot DS games on my ds (not lite version, old version) without using a superpass. Are you saying that the lite wont support this feature or you just didn't know?

Thanks for all the help

thaive
March 9th, 2006, 05:17
thats because you have flashed your ds

after you flashed it you do not need the superpass

kin
March 9th, 2006, 19:37
thats because you have flashed your ds

after you flashed it you do not need the superpass
Yea, I know, but can you flash the ds lite, is basically what im trying to say. Sorry, I couldnt think of the word before.

thaive
March 10th, 2006, 08:20
yes but currently you can only flash it with normal ds firmware, this will get rid of your ability to keep your backlight settings and basically turn it into a smaller normal ds. wait for ds lite specific firmware if you want to keep those settings.

lowride
March 11th, 2006, 23:34
Is there any news of a supercard (sd version) thats fits fully into the DS lite? That is so that it doesnt stick out at all.

thaive
March 12th, 2006, 03:05
no - maybe down the track but not atm

whatsorrow
April 19th, 2006, 19:10
m3 adapter is supposed to be fully compatible with the ds lite =)

cndnlink
April 20th, 2006, 03:26
Plus now there is FlashMe v7 which has brightness support.

thaive
April 20th, 2006, 07:45
also there is new beta lite-flashme, and a new miniSD supercard that should fit more snuggly in ur ds