PDA

View Full Version : XGS- Apple II GS Emulator

Starscream
March 2nd, 2006, 14:58
From what I've gathered, this is coded in C . Possibly it could run at reasonable speed on the DC (a Pentium 233 should be enough to run it full speed on a PC if I remember the readme right).

Source is available here:
http://xgs32.emucamp.com/, (edit: Just realized, this is already a port - for Windows, I think the original emulator is KEGS, which someone ported to sdl apparently here http://devernay.free.fr/apple2/)
I think it has been ported at least to the Xbox.

The actual usefulness might be rather limited of course, most games are also available on other 16bit computers (some exclusives exist however). From what I've gathered the GS is however backwards compatible to the normal Apple II models, so that would be a huge plus, since the Apple II emulator on the DC isn't quite advanced and not that user-friendly.

Anyway, it's just an idea! Mac emulation won't happen anytime soon I guess.

ron
March 23rd, 2006, 08:49
I have ported Basilisk II ( Macintosh 68K) to Dreamcast. Today more info

Starscream
March 25th, 2006, 23:00
That's great to hear, I hope you will have more luck with it than the Pc88 project.

fackue
March 26th, 2006, 13:07
I have ported Basilisk II ( Macintosh 68K) to Dreamcast. Today more info
Not sure if the same emulated system being talked about is the one Apple II Soul Captor emulates, but there is some sort of Apple II emulator. Might be worth looking for on the front page.

Starscream
March 26th, 2006, 17:29
Soul Captor emulates the 8bit Apple II, the Apple GS is what you could call the step between the Apple II and the Mac, it's a 16bit system. But it doesn't use a 68000 as it's main CPU.

Eric
March 26th, 2006, 19:54
The Apple II emulator already available should be updated. The thing that was tough about that emu was how to setup the roms and yes i know they released a program sometime this year to fix that problem. Not only that but the main menu doesnt make you select a new page for roms so you can only hold so many. Thats what i can remember and i believe that emu should get updated if its the sameone.