PDA

View Full Version : PSP from 1.50 (custom) to latest (or close) with 32mb stick, possible?

GlowingGecko
April 15th, 2009, 16:18
Hey!

I just got my PSP today and been playing around with it and got it to load 1.50 through the TIFF exploit. (Ran a 2.71 downgrader .exe file which placed the necessary files on the 32mb stick,) I had to go into "Photos" and a red screen appeared successfully.

Now I want to upgrade to a higher CFW since 1.50 refuses to play newer games (plus the games that came with the PSP.. Both games need FW2.0+)

But all I have is the 32mb stick that came with the thing. I have a 1GB SD Card but I'm well aware SD Cards don't work with PSP's..

All guides I followed became at least 34MB since FW1.50 and another (FW3.0+) is required in the process for some reason. =(

Is there any way to update to the newest CFW with the 32mb card? I can't get a bigger card before the end of next month, and I know no one who has a PSP near me.. Please tell me this is possible?

Thanks,
GGecko

b_simpson1999
April 15th, 2009, 19:45
you could try upgrading in stages from this Site (http://alek.dark-alex.org/filez/dax/) but am not sure if it possible with a 32mb stick, you could always buy a micro-sd convertor to psp thing they might be cheaper to buy then a new psp memory card but just look around memory cards get cheaper but just becarful of fake memory cards and such

GlowingGecko
April 16th, 2009, 16:44
Hey! Thanks for the reply! :)

I found another guide where I was able to pull it off with the 32mb card!
Am running on CFW 3.90 M33 (if I'm correct) and can run homebrew perfectly!

Now to find a guide which can get me from 3.90 M33 to 5.xx M33..

Is it actually worth it to upgrade? What are the benefits?

b_simpson1999
April 16th, 2009, 17:37
only to play newer umd games and some psx games maybe might work a bit better

GlowingGecko
April 16th, 2009, 17:40
You mean UMD's like for piracy? Meh, no thanks.

Then I guess I'm good to go with 3.90 M33.

Thanks! :)

b_simpson1999
April 16th, 2009, 22:31
no umd disks you know those things you buy from a shop lol that look like they could brake in 5 seconds but last 10 sec lol