PDA

View Full Version : DCDivx Help

Eric
March 4th, 2006, 14:02
I just encoded a film this morning both file sizes are about 189 megs. I followed the restrictions from that webpage given for the Super Man Divx disk. I failed on one of them but here is what i have 320x240 video res,500 for video bitrate,mp3 sound,40 audio bitrate,480000 sample rate and i chose 2 channels which i forgot your supposed to have 1 channel.

Here is my problem though i swapped the disk from the Super Man Divx disk and i have been stuck on this loading screen for about 10 mins is it cause the files are to big or audio mishap or just a bad disk?

Thanks

Eric

DCDayDreamer
March 4th, 2006, 16:40
I just encoded a film this morning both file sizes are about 189 megs. I followed the restrictions from that webpage given for the Super Man Divx disk. I failed on one of them but here is what i have 320x240 video res,500 for video bitrate,mp3 sound,40 audio bitrate,480000 sample rate and i chose 2 channels which i forgot your supposed to have 1 channel.

Here is my problem though i swapped the disk from the Super Man Divx disk and i have been stuck on this loading screen for about 10 mins is it cause the files are to big or audio mishap or just a bad disk?

Thanks

Eric
When using DCDivX I've found the larger the AVI file the longer it takes to load, however it's usually around a minute or two at the most (and that was with a movie file that virtually filled the CD with a running time of 3 hours). It seems that DCDivX is trying to load your movie but fails, it's probably either an encoding setting or the version of the codec you're using that's caused the problem. I made a little update to the DCDivX4Dummies tutorial, you can grab it here:

http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelopment/contributor/Dcdivx4dummies.rar

It's a 54kb WinRAR file, just extract it and click on the htm file, we'll try and get it up as a page at DCEvo or DCHelp soon.

Eric
March 5th, 2006, 03:33
Yeah it seems i might have some trouble with this. Its not anyones fault but Divx 6.1 dont work like 5. If anyone has gotten this to work with Divx 6.1 let me know.

Christuserloeser
March 5th, 2006, 11:21
The version recommend is v5.0.1 I think. I'm using 5.0. - it won't work at all with v6.x.