PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Beginner Seeks Help!

SCM-Online
March 4th, 2006, 20:57
Hi There,

I've recently picked up a second hand xbox and am looking to set up some kind of SNES emulator.
However, I know absolutely nothing about how to do this.
Please asume, and treat me like, an idiot regarding this because I am!
I've read about hard and soft mods and flash and bios and am getting myself very confused.
Is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind taking the time to explain what the deal is and telling me how I can play my SNES ROMs on the xbox.

Thank you!

SCM. :confused:

SmashinGit
March 5th, 2006, 13:32
Your best bet is to checkout http://www.xbox-scene.com/

If you do decide to to this remember you will not be able to use the excellent Xbox live.

Hawq
March 5th, 2006, 15:18
And once you've read the tutorials there, theres quite a few easy to follow ones, look for xsnes9x as its an excellent emulator, you'll have to head for newsgroups or #xbins on efnet though to get it due to use of the xdk, its worth it though as I've been using it with no complaints for ages.

Dr Fweega
April 19th, 2006, 20:05
Why not just Softmod your xbox. It is as easy as slicing bread and you don't have to void your warranty. I doubt anyone still has a warranty ... but I like to throw that in anyways.

To softmod your xbox all you need is a Action Replay and either Splinter Cell, 007 AUF, or MechAssault. If you want to softmod it just contact me by PM or say so here.

Mystery137
May 31st, 2006, 04:20
i would like to soft mod im a complete beginner i have friends that play custom games only and i would like to be able to mod with them please take the time to walk me throught the process of how to do it and i also have look a other sites and i have no clue what evox is or any of that stuff.:)