PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.3.0

wraggster
March 5th, 2006, 11:02
NJ has updated his NeoGeoCD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

slightly dodgy translation of news via google follows:
* Because button depression check processing of the menu and the file browser is strange, It corrects the trouble whose drift speed of cursor is not fixed.
* In order picture to clearing and to process with all GU, it modified.
* Picture wasteful processing of the GU when drawing was deleted, but it seems that speed does not change excessively.
* User it tried to be able to modify the color of interface freely.
When when the file browser has started, the L trigger is pushed the color setting picture is indicated.
* It modifies the logo.png of default user attendant upon the modification of processing of interface.
* While pushing the R trigger with the menu, by the fact that you push 0 buttons, snapshot of the menu picture It tried to be able take. File name is fixing with each menu. Because (you just attached in order to take the picture which is published to the home page, please do not make the air.
* Concerning the background image, Because the picture is indicated with the 16bit color of the RGB555, when the picture of the 24bit color is indicated, Picture quality deteriorates rather. When it decreases color in advance in the 16bit color of the RGB555, it is good, probably will be. When with the Windows the free software below is used, it is appealing. (Which only Japanese)
* Yukari
* XPadie Pro
Because the software which both has turned to the origin is the same, operation almost is the same. As for dither mode spread error, setting output precision of the engine to 555, please decrease color.
* Concerning " the Background 3 " of the color modification picture. When using the logo.png, it is background color. When the logo.png is used, modifying, there is no meaning.

Download via comments

babu
March 5th, 2006, 11:18
pretty sweet emulator :P

b8a
March 5th, 2006, 11:56
Somewhat more thorough translation:

<div style="width:95%; margin: auto; padding: 2%; background-color:rgb(230,230,230); border: thin black solid">
For the time being, the PSP version is no longer being updated.
<hr style="width: 90%" />
<b>What's Changed: 0.3.0</b>
<ul>
<li>Fixed a problem where the process to check whether the buttons are being pressed in the menu and file browser was acting strangely, causing the speed of the cursor movement to be uneven.</li>
<li>Deleted extraneous GU processing when drawing to the screen, but there doesn't seem to be much of a speed difference.</li>
<li>Made it so that you can freely change the color of the user interface.
With the file browser open, press the L trigger and the screen for setting the color will appear.</li>
<li>Changed the default logo.png in accordance with processing changes in the user interface.</li>
</ul>
*About the background picture
Since the screen is displayed using 16bit RGB555 color, when displaying a 24bit color picture, the display quality deteriorates quite a bit. You should probably decrease the colors to 16bit RGB555 color beforehand. The free Windows software below should be good for this. (Both are in Japanese only)
<ul><li>Yukari</li>
<li>xPadie Pro
The software that both of these are based on is the same, so operation in both is pretty much the same.
Set the dither mode to diffusion equation, and set the Engine output precision to 555 and decrease the colors.</li></ul>
*About the "Background 3" option in the change color screen
This is the color of the background when you don't use logo.png.
When you use logo.png, you can change this, but it would be meaningless.
*In the event that the program is not running correctly, please check the following items:

1."ERROR: lost syncronization" is displayed.
Try playing with CDDA turned off.
If it works correctly like this, then there's a possibility that the MP3 files are damaged.
Even when the original data is fine, sometimes that data doesn't get perfectly copied to the memory stick, so you should delete the MP3 files and remake them from the original CD-ROM.

2.Even with CDDA on and with the MP3 files, the MP3s don't play.
The program doesn't look outside of the neocd.mp3 folder inside the game's folder.
Please check your folder settings.

3. Some of the graphics are displayed as a black square.
I don't really know what's causing this, but it does look like this has happened when the MP3 file is damaged. I've recieved several reports of this happening, and the above was the cause in each case, and I've never had it happen with my own setup. Once again, I make no guarantees about the performance using data taken from anywhere other than the original CD-ROM.
Please understand this.

4. File loading is slow.
Since the emulation of the load screen itself involves some heavy processing, when you are emulating the load screen the file load speed drops drastically. Please turn "Emulate load screen" off.
This functions just fine even without logo.bmp and loading .bmp, so if you don't need these, feel free to just delete them. As in NeoCDPSP, I haven't included any processes to speed up the loading, so if you perform the above step and feel that the speed is still too slow, you might as well just give up trying.
<b>Items I plan to change, fix from 0.3 on</b>
Delayed:
<ul>
<li>VSYNC adjustment... Without changing the MP3 playback methoud it's impossible to improve this given the current state.</li>
</ul>
<b>State of development:</b>
<ul><li>I've run out of things to do...
So now I'm doing Monster Hunter P. I'm not making any progress with this (laughs)</li></ul>
</div>

ayhoung
March 5th, 2006, 14:27
thanks b8a. this is best emu out now. love it

aries2k4
March 5th, 2006, 17:09
Very nice NJ.

Iktwo
March 5th, 2006, 21:43
does someone knows where I can get NEOCD.BIN(bios) or someone con tell what is it. I cant get this runnig. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

ryutoken20
March 6th, 2006, 14:51
just go to google and type in "neocd.bin" and you should get a ton of website that have it

D0N
March 6th, 2006, 15:52
Does this emulator work for v2.60?
Could someone tell me plz.
Thnx in advance :)

archronos
March 7th, 2006, 03:49
does it work on 2.5????