PDA

View Full Version : Assistance required

Dragan
March 6th, 2006, 15:14
Good afternoon. After reading through your site, i've come to like what i see... but i can't put pen to practice if you know what i mean. I have a version 2.6 PSP. Do i have to downgrade to be able to play roms? Where is the location of these roms in particular? Whats the process for downloading them onto the PSP? considering i don't even know how to operate RSS you can see where im coming from. I'd appreciate a helping hand.

D0N
March 6th, 2006, 15:48
You dont have to downgrade from v2.60 and anyway u cant downgrade from v2.60. You have to get Fanjita's Eloader: Brown Ale version to play emulators/homebrew. As for ROMs u have to search for them on google.

b8a
March 6th, 2006, 21:21
More accurately, you obtain ROMS by using special machines called "ROM Dumpers", or whatnot, that dump the contents of a cartridge into a ROM file. Most disk based media (CD's, DVD's) can be copied with your PC, and the methoud for obtaining the ROMS you're looking for is going to depend a lot upon what games you have for what systems. But generally you can find information and instructions for what you're looking for by searching Google for something like "game copying". As Dawd said, a lot of emulators should run on 2.60 via the Eloader, so downgrading isn't a 100% nessecity.

Dragan
March 7th, 2006, 12:01
Ok. I've used normal emulators for my PC such a ZSnes and a few other megadrive ones... will these roms work the same way on a PSP as they do on my computer???

The Eloader 0.95 is the one i want??????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

What about the process of installing the program and the files onto the PSP????

d3v1l
March 7th, 2006, 12:22
follow the readme's.. n about the roms..yes they should work on ur psp aswell..n if 0.95 is the brown eale version, yes, thats the one u need.
edit: yes u need the 0.9.5 version. another way to get roms except google is using a downloadprogram like Limewire, idk if its legal to tell u here though.